Add the Skydio 2 to Drone2map and Site Scan Flight apps.

02-25-2022 11:27 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Skydio is soon to be the #1 US drone manufacturer. Professional pilots are going to need another option if the US government keeps implementing sanctions and embargos on China (DJI). Site Scan dose not have a non-DJI drone option. I thought it might be a good idea to have at least one none DJI option....

Thoughts?

2 Comments
ABishop

I agree 100% 

Our organization just purchased a Skydio 2 for that reason!  We are also getting ready to demo a trail version of Site Scan and Drone2Map.  So far, I have only tested Drone Deploy.  

Do you have any other suggestions for flight software compatible with Skydio 2?

by Anonymous User

We too have just purchased the Skydio 2. For years I have been using the DJI Inspire 1 (also NOT supported in Site Scan or Drone2map) and used DroneDeploy for flight planning and photo processing.

Our company recently transitioned to SiteScan to take advantage of the cloud based data storage and ease of data share with personnel and clients. We still used DroneDeploy for planning and flight because up until recently it was the only automation software that would work with the Inspire 1.

I still use DroneDeploy for planning and flight with the Skydio 2 and use SiteScan for processing and sharing. I feel like I am using he best of both worlds.  DroneDeploy is the best flight programming software available simply because it's app is web based so you have the ability to easily plan, setup, AND edit, in the office OR in the field.

Hope this helps.