Unistall ArcGIS for Desktop 10.5

11-14-2017 04:09 AM
StephenFowler
New Contributor II

Hi,

I had ArcGIS v10.2 for Desktop installed on a PC and the licence needed to be updated.  I made the mistake of uninstalling v10.2 re-booting and installing v10.5.1.  I obtained a new provisioning file from my employer and licenced ArcGIS as normal.  ArcGIS said this had been successful.  However, when I tried to run the software I got a 'not authorized for use' error.  I then uninstalled everything once again and manually removed additional items following these instructions: http://joelmccune.com/completely-uninstall-arcgis-for-desktop/

After reinstalling ArcGIS 10.5.1  I got the same error.  I have tried de-authorizing ArcGIS but this didn't work.

I don't know what else to do.  I think I'd like to put my PC back to a time before ArcGIS was installed and start from scratch but don't how to do this as the Esri no longer provide a utility for this purpose.

It's all a bit of a mess.  Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
13 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If you have Concurrent-Use license, you just need to connect to the License Manager using ArcGIS Administrator, choosing the correct product.

How To: Connect to a License Manager for ArcGIS Desktop 10x via ArcGIS Administrator

But check in License Manager (License Server Administrator), if the licenses are available.

Think Location
0 Kudos
StephenFowler
New Contributor II

Hello Jayanta,

Many thanks for replying.  No, I have ArcGIS for Desktop Advanced (ArcInfo) Single Use, which is licenced at the end of the installation by browsing to an Esri Provisioning file stored on my own PC and not a server.

Stephen

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for the clarification. Do you see licenses under availability in ArcGIS Administrator? Please share the screenshot of the availability pane, if possible.

Think Location
0 Kudos
StephenFowler
New Contributor II

Hello Jayanta,

I have inserted a couple of images.  The first states that 'All requested features have already been authorized on this machine".  The second says the licences for all the software has expired?  Both these things can't be true but, the software won't run as it is "not authorized for use".  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

All requested features have already been authorized on this machine

All software licences have expired

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

You might want to call Customer Service

JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You should get in touch with Esri tech support. They will be able to address the issue and also reset the license codes. If the license codes are valid, there could have been issue with the trusted storage.

Could you share a screenshot of the following folder?

C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet

Think Location
0 Kudos
StephenFowler
New Contributor II

Hi Jayanta,

As requested here's a screenshot of the C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet folder

Screenshot of FLEXnet folder

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Apart from the 15/11/2017 (modification Date) files, could you move (cut-paste) other files to a different folder? So 

C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet folder should have 02 files (116 KB files from above screenshot).

Then open ArcGIS Administrator and check availability once again.

If the issue persists, contacting the Esri Tech Support would be the only option left.

EDIT: Clear the Trusted Storage, and try authorizing with a fresh provisioning file, if available. How To: Clear or delete trusted storage for concurrent-use and single-use licenses

Think Location
StephenFowler
New Contributor II

Hi Jayanta,

I've emailed Esri technical support.  I will get back to you with their reply.

Many thanks