publishing arcmap mxd on citrix

11-23-2016 06:42 AM
DianaVettori
New Contributor

Hi,

Need help to find the issue while publishing the Arcmap (10.2.1) on Citrix xenapp 7.6. Its getting published but not able to launch. Any important thing which needs to be taken care of while publishing??????????? or it is same as normal publishing.

Thanks in advance

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
DianaVettori
New Contributor

and how to publish MXD instead ??????

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Where are you publishing the map document as a service (ArcGIS Server or ArcGIS Online)?

The publishing should be the same. But the network access could be more secured.

Also check FAQ: What are the best practices for running ArcMap in a Citrix XenApp environment?

Make sure you disable Special Folder Redirection Configure special folder redirection

Think Location
DianaVettori
New Contributor

Hello Jayanta,

Thank you for your response. I amt trying to publish it on citirx server so that enduser can access arcgis desktop from there.

versions are below : Arcgis desktop 10.2.1

citrix xenapp 7.6

should we take arcmap.exe or we can publish mxd also...i heard that we cant publish mxd as citirx can publish exe or .lnk files

Thanks & Regards

Chandra

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Since no substantial document is available online regarding  designing, deploying, and troubleshooting ArcMap within a Citrix environment, I would suggest you to contact the Esri Tech Support in your region or Esri Professional Services. They can work closely to address your concerns.

EDIT: Found this article for XenApp 6.0  How to Publish Applications in XenApp 6 Fundamentals . Not sure how helpful it would be.

Think Location
0 Kudos
JohnFundersol
New Contributor

When you try to publish an MXD on Citrix you need to use the installation directory of ArcMap.exe as the executable location and then in the command line section you put the path to the MXD file you want to use like show below.

JohnFundersol_0-1611346730860.png

0 Kudos