product level changing daily

03-09-2018 06:46 AM
JustinWolff
Occasional Contributor

One of our user's machines reverts back from an Advanced concurrent use to a Basic concurrent use product level, almost daily.  This requires me or another person with administrative privileges to run ArcGIS Administrator to switch it back to Advanced.  Anyone else experience something like this?  I'm certain it's user/machine-specific, but I don't know where to look/start.  Thanks for any suggestions.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

Are you in SDE?

It is an SDE setting issue.  I had the same issue with a clients machine that I would log into remotely. I was constantly getting bumped down to Basic. 

Sorry, but this was 6 years ago and I cannot remember how to fix it, though I do remember the fix is very easy.

JustinWolff
Occasional Contributor

Yes, this user has multiple SDE connections and has been in/out of editing sessions testing multiple processes.

0 Kudos
TinaMorgan1
Occasional Contributor II

What version ArcDesktop are you using?  What version is the geodatabase (If you are using ArcDesktop 10.1 or higher you can get this info by right clicking the .sde connection in ArcCatalog-> Properties-> General tab, there is an upgrade status section that tells you the version of gdb)

If possible to test, are you able to use single use licenses without issue (i.e. could this be due to License Manager handing out concurrent use licenses?)

-TM

JustinWolff
Occasional Contributor

This user is running ArcGIS Desktop v10.4.1, and the upgrade status of one of our .sde connections says "This 10.2.2 Geodatabase matches the ArcGIS release you are currently using, however, database internals such as stored procedures can be upgraded."

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

fwiw, I posted https://community.esri.com/docs/DOC-10751-change-arcgis-desktop-license-level-and-lm-machines-wo-adm...   which may not fix your issue on "why", but you might be able to do a quick fix and have one of the .bat files run after each log in so it pops it up to Advanced 

0 Kudos