Possible for ArcGIS Desktop / Pro to use Proxy AutoConfiguration?

10-13-2020 11:24 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm assisting some financial services clients with a Python Toolbox I wrote that connects to my company's data API. While their errors are all little different, they all indicate an inability to reach the API from within ArcGIS Desktop or Pro. 

The common factors they all have are strict firewalls and using a proxy autoconfiguration file, not an explicitly set proxy host, port and auth info. This is typically indicated in Windows via Control Panel > Internet Options > Connections > LAN Settings. If the option "Use automatic configuration script" is enabled, it appears ArcGIS will have no ability to contact external resources.

Does anyone know if a PAC file is supported within ArcGIS Desktop / Pro and if so, how to make this work?

I see in several older questions that other users have had problems like this and were told to set the proxy explicitly. 

Setting it explicitly is not an option, as all of my clients' group policies forbid it.

Here's a KB article from FME publisher Safe Software describing this problem. I've looked around for a similar article from ESRI but coming up empty: FME Community 

Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
0 Replies