jpegs/tiffs look blank in arcmap 10.5.

04-24-2018 01:35 PM
AmeliaNewsam
Occasional Contributor

I can select and move them around, but they just show up as solid white rectangles.  Other jpegs and tiffs work fine.  I didn't do anything differently when creating these files in Photoshop.  ??  I followed someone's advice on GeoNet from a previous question and tried to reset the Gamma in Image Analysis, but all the tools were grayed out.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
IanAlexanderFreeman
New Contributor

This worked for me! Thanks! The weird thing is that my tif used to show up fine, and only recently appeared blank despite me changing nothing.

0 Kudos
BrendaFennel_GISP
New Contributor III

I am in the process of remapping the data sources in some older MXDs with georeference3d .tiffs, but they (the .tiff files) do not appear as a Dataset or Layer and Results in the Add Data dialog...did something change? can ArcMap no longer read .tiff?  I am at 10.5.1 ...

0 Kudos
ElizabethZizzamia1
New Contributor III

Hello! I just had the same problem with tif. Your comment about messing with the symbology led me to click all the buttons until something worked! And for me it was under the Mask tab, and checking the Display Background value 0, and then set to no color! Thanks for leaving this post many years ago. It helped me!! Beth

0 Kudos