I changed laptops and installed Arc Gis 10.1 on the new laptop however the authorisation has exceeded. How can i get a new authorization number since my count has exceeded.

01-30-2018 09:09 AM
DaveannaWiltshire
New Contributor II

I changed laptops and installed Arc Gis 10.1 on the new laptop however the authorisation has exceeded. How can i get a new authorization number since my count has exceeded.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Did you deauthorize the license on the old machine first?

https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000011179

DaveannaWiltshire
New Contributor II

I uninstalled it. I guess that did not deauthorise it

Daveanna Wiltshire

0 Kudos
DaveannaWiltshire
New Contributor II

How am I to deauthorise the license?

Daveanna Wiltshire

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

as per the link.... or call Customer Support since you have already

AlanaBaker3
Esri Contributor

If you have exceeded the max number of authorizations, and did not deauthorize the license before uninstalling, then you will need to contact Technical Support to get your license reset.

If you still have access to the old machine, try to Deauthroize the license as Dan suggested.

JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Did you try Dan's suggestion of deauthorizing using the steps mentioned in How To: Deauthorize ArcGIS Desktop and Engine Single Use licenses after uninstalling the software 

If deauthorization is successful in old machine, try authorizing the license in the new machine after some time (say 15-30 min.), just to be sure.

In case you are not able to deauthorize the licenses, you need to contact Esri Tech Support. They will reset the license availability, and then you should be able to authorize in your new machine.

Think Location
0 Kudos
PanGIS
by
Occasional Contributor III

If you have access to MyEsri you can give a try to "Recover Lost Licenses" under My Organization> Licensing> Recover Lost Licenses.

You deauthorize a license in minutes without opening a case.

It saved me days of work already. Especially when Esri Support works when I sleep and the other way round.

I would proceed always in this order:

1. You have access to your machine: try the deauthorization tool as per Jayanta  and Dan  suggestion

2. You don't have access to the machine you can use the "Recover Lost License" in My Esri

3. As last I would call Support.