How to re activate ArcMap 10.2?

Jump to solution
09-17-2014 10:12 AM
JessicaOtto
New Contributor

Hi, I had originally downloaded the 180 day trial for ArcMap 10.2 for a class. The trial just ended and I have a new activation code for my new class, but I can't seem to find where to type it in without having to uninstall the program and re install it again. When I try to run ArcMap, it keeps telling me "ArcGIS for Desktop Advanced is not authorized for use. Access the ArcGIS Administrator. Click on the product folder on the left (e.g. Desktop), then select the Single Use product you will be using and click the Authorize Now button, If you have already received an authorization file from ESRI, choose the third option 'I have received an authorization file from ESRI and am now ready to finish the authorization process'".

It does not even let me access the ArcGIS Administrator, and was wondering if anyone had any ideas!

Thank you!!!

Jess

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ThomasMontefusco
Occasional Contributor II

Go to ArCGIS Administrator. Click Desktop. Select Advanced (ArcInfo) Single Use, then click Authorize Now...

Follow the prompts, enter your EVA number when prompted. If still problems, you may have to go to

http://www.esri.com/software/landing_pages/arcgis/desktop-ed.html

Select I have an ArcGIS Education Edition authorization code, click the arrow then enter the code. Once down, repeat above steps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ThomasMontefusco
Occasional Contributor II

Go to ArCGIS Administrator. Click Desktop. Select Advanced (ArcInfo) Single Use, then click Authorize Now...

Follow the prompts, enter your EVA number when prompted. If still problems, you may have to go to

http://www.esri.com/software/landing_pages/arcgis/desktop-ed.html

Select I have an ArcGIS Education Edition authorization code, click the arrow then enter the code. Once down, repeat above steps.

0 Kudos
JessicaOtto
New Contributor

Thank you so much!!!!

0 Kudos