How to determine which Single Use license no. is installed ?

11-22-2011 11:37 PM
PaulCoe
New Contributor III
Hi,

I need to tie up which single use licenses are in use on which PC's, so I can deauthorise them and replace them with concurrent use licenses.

All I have are the Registration no's and I'm getting a list of PC's, but I have no way to tie them together. I expect that the list of PC's will be a mixed bag, so they might not even have ArcGIS installed.

Is there a way to view the registration no. for a single use license on a PC, or is there another way to do this?

Thanks,
Paul
0 Kudos
5 Replies
RajThuthija
New Contributor
Hi Paul,

You can view the authorization number used on the system for ArcGIS Desktop 10 Single Use license by opening the ArcGIS Administrator window, then select Availability and double click on product name located on the right side of the screen, for example, ArcInfo.  This should open another window which should list the authorization number listed on the system.

Hope this answers your question.
0 Kudos
DavidForbuss1
Occasional Contributor III

When I tried that I got this window...is FID the same as the authorization code?

FID.jpg

0 Kudos
PaulCoe
New Contributor III
Thanks for you help Raj.

I can use that method, by asking the users to check themselves.

Do you know if the authorisation no's are stored anywhere in the registry or such, that I can interrogate the PC's?

Thanks
Paul
0 Kudos
DanaNolan

(not sure why this is tagged popular now, but I have an answer for those of us who do not have full admin rights. )

See also message 89515 from 2014 in geonet.

The fulfillment ID can only be linked to the ESU no. by calling ESRI support. The FIDs are really long, so I would

take a screenshot of each one. The ESUs should show up in MyEsri if you are authorized to see licensing for your account.

However, if the single-use license systems still have the software installed, it does not take administrative

rights to deauthorize them. Users can do this themselves; or a sysadmin could log in as them and do it. They will lose ArcMap until they get a new concurrent license set up, which again a sysadmin could set up for them pretty quickly if the license server is up and running.

As they are deauthorized, the ESUs/licenses will disappear pretty quickly (an hour?) from MyEsri, so you can infer who they belonged to if you have people e-mail you when they have deauthorized. But if you want to do the deauthorization without disturbing users, I don't know the best way to do this.

ESRI can deauthorize/release licenses for you, but they should only need to do this if someone uninstalled the software or if a system dies before a single use license is deauthorized. So make sure everyone is trained not to do the former; the latter situation is inevitable.

DanaNolan

Correction: Technically, software can be uninstalled without losing the ESU, but reinstalling would require finding a good unused ESU. And, when you don't know who has which license, that can be tricky.

0 Kudos