FME license system failure

Jump to solution
05-07-2017 12:14 PM
BrianWilson
Occasional Contributor II

I am trying to set up a Data Interoperability extension "Spatial ETL tool" to read PostGIS data.

I can connect to the PostGIS data base (and FME can see the tables) and select a schema and table, set a destination and then create the tool, but thereafter all I get is a dialog box that says "FME license system failure: License dependency check failed. This FME Suite license is dependent on another license which is not available."

As is so typical, it does not say what it needs, just that SOMETHING is not available. I wonder what?

screenshot of error dialog

Then I thought maybe PostGIS is not really supported, so I tried to create a tool with a KML reader and an FGDB writer and I get same error. Tried several other combinations, various settings. Nothing works. Same error every time.

Of course I have the extension loaded.

I tried repeating the same steps in ArcGIS Desktop 10.5 in ArcMap and Catalog

I tried turning on every extension that I have.

so, the Data Interop extension is a disappointment. 🙂

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
klem
by
New Contributor III

I had to reinstall the Data Interoperability extension in order to fix that. 10.5. Give it a try.

klem

View solution in original post

5 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus
0 Kudos
BrianWilson

I suspect if it were not licensed that I would not be able to create a new "Spatial ETL Tool." I know when I turn off the extension (in ArcMap) that it won't get that far. Thanks for the suggestion.

Screenshot of license manager showing extensions

and also

screenshot of info on interop

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

sorry all else I could find were vague references to floating licenses and server upgrades which don't appear to apply, so it might be worthwhile escalating this to tech support since even a search using "license dependency check failed" just brings up spam and junk sites.

0 Kudos
BrianWilson

The clue is in the first screenshot titlebar: it's fmeworkbench starting up and thinking I don't have an ArcGIS license.

Unable to open FME Desktop when using the FME ArcGIS Data Interoperability Edition License - FME Kno... 

The troubleshooting tips they give there are of no use, so I am taking it up with them. I will add another note here when it is sorted.

0 Kudos
klem
by
New Contributor III

I had to reinstall the Data Interoperability extension in order to fix that. 10.5. Give it a try.

klem