Error Installing ArcGIS Desktop 10.8.1

12-04-2020 05:20 AM
Labels (1)
OlanrewajuLawal
New Contributor II

I am trying to upgrade my ArcGIS 10.8 to 10.8.1. Once the installation starts the error (see attached image) shows up. However, I have installed and reinstall the missing Microsoft redistributable package.

error_installing arcgis10_8_1.jpg

visualc_installed.jpg

I don't know what else to do.

Is there any suggestions on what to do?

Cheers

0 Kudos
13 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

ArcGIS Desktop 10.8.x system requirements—System Requirements | Documentation

You met these conditions I presume AND you did a reboot between the download and running the msi?

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
OlanrewajuLawal
New Contributor II
Yes, I didi
0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Tech Support is your best option then.  Too many variables

... sort of retired...
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I'm thinking your C++ redistributable may have an incompatibility with 10.8.1 (this can happen but it is rare). You could try downgrading. But if that doesn't work I agree tech support is where to go now.

0 Kudos
Lkoman
by
New Contributor II

Hello.

an esriBootstrap.log file should be located in your %temp% folder.  Please share that log file with me. This will provide us a little more information. 

Thanks

Laurene Koman

Esri Install Team

Mike_Tulis
New Contributor II

Hello Laurene,

We are having an identical problem but only with some of our computers, not all. ESRI Case #02781613 - ArcGIS 10.8.1 install issues with Microsoft Visual Studio C++ Redistributable error. Were you able to figure out what is going on? 

Thank you.

Mike

Lkoman
by
New Contributor II

an esriBootstrap.log file should be located in your %temp% folder.  Please share that log file with me. This will provide us a little more information. 

Thanks

Laurene Koman

Esri Install Team

Mike_Tulis
New Contributor II
Hello Laurene,

I have attached the requested file.

Thank you for your help.

Mike

0 Kudos
Lkoman
by
New Contributor II

Hey Mike

I don't see an attachment.  You can also mail it to me directly. lkoman@esri.om 

0 Kudos