Differents licenses in the same computer

10-03-2017 07:31 AM
RobertoJimenezMartinez
New Contributor

Hello

anyone know if is posible to use two differents licenses of Arcgis in the same computer/server?

My collegue and my are going to use the same computer with remote access, with different users, and each one has his own arcgis license.

thank you

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Roberto,

I imagine you would have to go into the ArcGIS Administrator and switch it each time. Are you specifically referring to ArcMap? Will you be using ArcGIS Pro?

Also, this thread may be best placed in a group like ArcGIS Desktop Installation support‌ instead of the GeoNet help.

0 Kudos
RobertoJimenezMartinez
New Contributor

Hi Adrian, thank you for your help

Yes, i'm referring only to Arcmap, our laptops are not enough powerfull and we want to work at the same time in the same machine accesing on remote.

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

How are your connecting the to remote machine?  Remote Desktop Connection Management (RDC)?  And are the licenses concurrent use or single use.  (My experience is with RDC and concurrent use licenses)

If using RDC and concurrent licenses, I know that each user that logs in will use a separate license.  With a single-user license, I am not sure how this will work (since I'm not sure if the license is stored for the user of machine).

If using something like citrix desktop, things might be different.