Desktop Admin Privilages

01-23-2018 06:37 PM
ChrisSlinko1
New Contributor II

I'm using ArcMap 10.5, Windows 10.  My computer just got reformatted 3 weeks ago,  all of my computers administrative privileges were disabled.  When I go to use ArcToolbox spatial join, project the tool creates a new feature class but the new projection and the spatial join does not work.  Sometimes I can restart my computer and it will work but lately that has stopped working.  Also, when I add imagery ArcMap runs very slow. Has anyone have a thoughts on this.  Thanks in advanced.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Chris

When you reformatted it, why would you lose admin privileges ? does someone else control them?

Was the software reinstalled?

What are the computer specs? Does it have the minimum requirements to run 10.5 with the new operating system? or is it an old machine that is being patched up?

In any event, I suspect that the reinstall of the software is at issue, or the machine is.  Computers don't just stop working (unless you have a critical deadline )

0 Kudos
ChrisSlinko1
New Contributor II

Dan,

Thanks for responding. The companies IT department is gradually removing all Admin Privileges from everyone's computer. Can you offer any advice?

Thanks,

Chris

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Well if the tools aren't working, It might be worth a sitdown with IT to check your install and perhaps reset your application profile for arcmap, in case it has gone bad. I empathize... they tried to remove my computer privileges once

0 Kudos