Deauthorising ARCmap on one P.C. and activating on another

Jump to solution
06-19-2018 01:46 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I have deactivated a single user licence of ARCMAP 10.2.1 on an old P.C. having built a new Windows 10 P.C.

Q> Should I be able to use the old email activation email code that I used on the original build?

If so I am having problems authorising on the new P.C> as although I go through administrator fine , when I try to start up ARC Map I get the error about not licenced

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Dan,

I think there was a delay in potentially getting the deactivation as I have logged on this morning and all appears to be connecting fine now.

A big thanks for the responses.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

is it a perpetual license?

Did you deauthorize it properly on the old?

If so, then have a look at 

Authorizing ArcGIS single use products and features—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

its a standard account linked to a specific user. The deactivation seems to have worked on the old one as the user can not use ARC on the old P.C. or the new one being built. When I browse via the administrator of ARC and select the file that was first used on the old P.C. it accepts the code , but then when I fire up ARC Map is says I need to register.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

can you provide screen grabs of the Administrator and what you actually registered from

Authorizing ArcGIS single use products and features—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

Did you authorize any extensions at the same time

Viewing license availability—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

and the steps at the bottom of this link

Adding additional installation features—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Dan,

I think there was a delay in potentially getting the deactivation as I have logged on this morning and all appears to be connecting fine now.

A big thanks for the responses.

0 Kudos