Can Workflow manger be installed silently

05-02-2018 12:29 PM
AndrewDolch2
New Contributor III

I am doing a full software push for ArcGIS Desktop to a large organization.   I am using a batch file to push out all services to be installed on those machines.  One of the things we are installing is ArcGIS Workflow Manager for Desktop.  I was wondering can ArcGIS Workflow Manager 10.6 be installed silently as part of an overall installation batch file or will it need to be manually installed on each individual work station.   Please let know what I would need to add to my batch script file to make it run and please let me know what I would need to do to make it work or should I take it out of my installation file.

Thanks

Andrew   

0 Kudos
3 Replies
XiaomengZheng
Esri Contributor

Hi, Andrew,

Yes it is possible to silent install the Workflow Manager. You can include the following line into your batch file:

<WMXD_SetupDir>\setup.exe /qb

It is also possible to add advanced features such as specifying log file and selecting features to install. If you would like to have those, please let me know.

Thanks,

Meggie

AndrewDolch2
New Contributor III

That would be helpful,  thanks.  Also can Workflow Manager be installed using a .msi (Microsoft Installer) file

Andrew

0 Kudos
XiaomengZheng
Esri Contributor

Hi, Andrew,

Yes you can use .msi: 

msiexec.exe /i setup.msi /qb

Here are the differences how .msi handles the install.

1. Running .msi will only install English version. If you need a localization version, either run setup.exe to include installation of localized version or run localization .msi individually. The Workflow Manager does not have a localized version .msi.

2. .msi cannot tell if the window is being launched as admin. It should work if you try to push the setup through SCCM or LanDesk. But if you try to set it up in a local computer you need to run .msi in admin dos prompt.

Hope this help.

Thanks,

Meggie

0 Kudos