Can't select all related features in attribute table

11-29-2018 03:15 AM
RafałRadziszewski
New Contributor II

After upgrading to ArcGIS desktop 10.6.1 in attribute table I can't view all related objects using 'RelatedTables' button. Only one feature with highest OBJECTID is selected, although there should be multiple related records. 

Does it has something to do with BUG-000109891 "Retrieving related records in an attribute table causes ArcMap memory to spike and crash."? If so what's the solution?

Identify button and window give correct results. Everything also works in ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Desktop 10.5.

18 Replies
KevinMorris2
New Contributor III

Michael,

Did you try your selection with a points feature class and several thousand records with Oracle or a poly or line fc? Another respondent indicated that with SDE/SQL Server 2016, polygons feature classes work, but they do have issues with point feature classes when selecting and traversing to the related tables for a large selection set, but not with a few records.

I'm in the process of opening a ticket with ESRI on this. It is likely the behavior I am experiencing is related to BUG-000116614 and not BUG-000109891 listed in the posting. i'll try to keep this posting current based on the outcome with ESRI.

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Kevin:

I was performing my test on a polyline feature class and not a point feature class.  Are this thinking that this issue only occurs with a point feature class?  In 10.7 I tested with a much smaller point feature class from SDE (232 points and approximately 1000 related records) and the selected related records are working as expected, so maybe the size of the feature class is a factor.  The relationship is using a Long Integer field in the relate setup.

Is the point feature class you are working with a point feature class or a multi-point feature class?  That might make a difference or not, it would need to be tested.

0 Kudos
KevinMorris2
New Contributor III

Michael,

Thanks for the feedback. You are the first to respond with a reply on polyline tests, and perhaps they are ok like another individual indicated for polygons. My feature class is a simple point feature class (fc) and not a multi-point feature class. My point fc contains 13,217 trees records related to 13,863 survey records. There is also a second 1-M relationship from the point fc to 7768 tree action reports.

0 Kudos
KevinMorris2
New Contributor III

My issue does appear to be BUG-000116614 : "When more than 99 records are selected in the feature class involved in a relationship class, the related table returns an incorrect selection result." This was confirmed with my database where when 99 selected records traversing to the related table works, but not with 101 records.

My ESRI support ticket representative replied that BUG-000116614 is resolved in ArcMap 10.7.1

MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Is this bug specific to a certain spatial type (eg point) or to a specific type of database (eg SQL Server)?

0 Kudos
KevinMorris2
New Contributor III

Not sure. There was mention that it occurs in several databases (including

SQL Server 2016 and a version of Oracle). I didn't think to ask about

spatial types. I'll attach more information as I get it.

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Michael, here is what I see from the bug notes:

Desktop 10.6.1 + Oracle 11.2.0.4--Issue reproducible 

Desktop 10.3.1 +Oracle 11.2.0.4 --Issue not reproducible   

Desktop 10.6.1 +SQL Server 2016---Issue reproducible                           

Desktop 10.6.1 +Oracle 11.2.0.4 ----Issue reproducible            

Desktop 10.3.1 +Oracle 11.2.0.4 ----Issue not reproducible   

Pro 2.2.4 + SQL Server 2016 ----- Issue not reproducible

This is also reproducible in File Geodatabase that contains data set with related features. 

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

So what version of ArcMap is the file gdb bug found in, as I do not see this bug in 10.7 with a polyline feature class.

In addition, I am using using Oracle 12.1.0.2 in Desktop 10.7 and I do not see this bug.  I guess the bug is limited to Oracle 11.2.0.4?

0 Kudos
TylerRemmert2
New Contributor III

Also please be aware that regardless of database type, feature class type, or record count there is an issue with the "show related records" button in table view in 10.6+ 

https://community.esri.com/message/848692-re-show-related-records-bug?commentID=848692&et=watches.em... 

0 Kudos