Can't select all related features in attribute table

11-29-2018 03:15 AM
RafałRadziszewski
New Contributor II

After upgrading to ArcGIS desktop 10.6.1 in attribute table I can't view all related objects using 'RelatedTables' button. Only one feature with highest OBJECTID is selected, although there should be multiple related records. 

Does it has something to do with BUG-000109891 "Retrieving related records in an attribute table causes ArcMap memory to spike and crash."? If so what's the solution?

Identify button and window give correct results. Everything also works in ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Desktop 10.5.

18 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Rafal:

Can you go through the step by step process to see this behavior in ArcMap (not Pro at this point)?

0 Kudos
RafałRadziszewski
New Contributor II

1. When I use identify feature I can see all of the related objects in the "Identify" window.

2. When I select the same object as above in the attribute table, and want to select all related objects by "Related Tables" button, I only get one selected feature in result, insead of all related objects 

Maybe it can be set in some application options I'm not aware of. 

Same data works as expected in 10.5 and Pro. Data is stored in file geodatabase.

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

What fields are you using to define your relationship class?  Are these fields shown in your screen-shot?

0 Kudos
RafałRadziszewski
New Contributor II

Yes they are. These fields are 'Operator_ID' and 'Obszar_ID'. I used standalone relationship table (M-N) and Table to relationship class tool.

0 Kudos
KendraHopper2
New Contributor II

I'm wondering if this is related (no pun intended! ) to this bug:

BUG-000116614 : When more than 99 records are selected in the feature class involved in a relationship class, the related table returns an incorrect selection result. 

KevinMorris2
New Contributor III

ESRI,

I am also experiencing a similar problem with selections of related records in related tables in SDE/SQL Server since upgrading to ArcMap 10.6.1 or 10.7.0 from 10.6.0. Our schema involves a point feature class related to a table (1-M) using an integer value ('tree number') for the relationship.

Steps

(1) Open Attribute table for Hazard Tree points and run select by attributes (query Actions='Yes'). This selects 5968 Tree points.

(2) Within the attribute table, use the button to transverse to the related table called Survey. The software takes a minute to think then produces a small set of results (approximately ~2400) but not as a selected set and not colored blue and the tab for selected records is empty. In ArcMap 10.6.0, 6840 records are correctly returned. I am concerned that the "fix" to the bug described by Don Patterson above in 10.6.1 may have inadvertently introduced another bug.

Additional Information (ArcPRO select by attributes and selected records does work)

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Kevin:

It looks like the related record selection works properly in ArcMap 10.7.0 against an Oracle SDE database.  Maybe the bug you are seeing is only with a SQL Server database as you say that is the SDE database you are using in 10.7.0.  Does your SQL Server version match the supported SQL Server versions for 10.6.1 or 10.7.0 (They may be different as SQL Server versions get deprecated with ArcMap version changes).

Microsoft SQL Server database requirements for ArcGIS 10.7 and ArcGIS Pro 2.3—System Requirements | ... 

0 Kudos
KevinMorris2
New Contributor III

Michael,

Our Enterprise SDE is operating under Windows Server 2012, SQL Server 2016 with ESRI SDE Database Version (.DBO) at 10.5.1. After noticing that I couldn't "traverse" from the root feature class (fc) to the related table in ArcMap 10.6.1, I installed ArcMap 10.7.0 and it also exhibited the same unusual behavior. I experimented with removing Xtools Pro and changed the Microsoft ODBC driver versions from 17.3, to 17.2 to 17.1. I didn't go back to driver 13 as ArcMap 10.6 had no problems with Driver 17.1 on the server.

FYI: The ability to "traverse" from the primary table to the related tables using tools in ArcGIS PRO V2.3.2 works fine.

By downgrading my GIS to ArcMap 10.6. I have fully restored the ability to "traverse" through primary and related tables from the attribute table graphical user interface (GUI).

0 Kudos