ArcGIS Trial version - Geostatistical Analyst extension (Tool Not Licensed)??

Jump to solution
03-07-2016 08:04 PM
RE
by
New Contributor III

Dear All,

I just installed a Trial Version of ArcGIS. I was able to authorize it using the authorization code provided by ESRI. However, I could not use Geostatistical Analyst extension because it says 'Tool Not Licensed'. My question is do I need to purchase the license? I thought it is a free trial version. And the extension has been 'installed' and 'authorized' as per ArcGIS Administrator. Your help/thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

R E

0 Kudos
16 Replies
RE
by
New Contributor III

Yes, I already tried to re-authorize. It said 'All requested features have already been authorized on this machine'.

ArcGIS-a.png

0 Kudos
RE
by
New Contributor III

Despite these authorizations, All extensions don't work.

I don't know what's the problem.

I tried to contact ESRI but haven't got a reply yet.

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The culprit could be the trusted storage. You need to delete the trusted storage. If it's a 60-days ArcGIS trial you are using, then you should be able to authorize it again.

Please follow these steps:

1. Close all ArcGIS Applications.

2. In Windows Explorer, navigate to C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet. Delete all the files in it.

3. Authorize ArcGIS Advanced (Single Use) license using the same EVA********* code.

Check if the licenses are working now.

Think Location
0 Kudos
RE
by
New Contributor III

Hi Jayanta, Thanks again. But could you please elaborate more where to find the FLEXnet folder. I don't have this directory C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet.
What I have is C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86)

Thanks

0 Kudos
RE
by
New Contributor III

I found it. I deleted the files. I re-authorized ArcGIS. But still the extensions do not work.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

so you reauthorized, they show up as available extensions in the Customize, Extensions menu and they don't appear? or you didn't toggle them on?

0 Kudos
RE
by
New Contributor III

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions.

My problem has been solved.

I don't know what caused the problem, but what I did was nothing extraordinary.

I shut down everything, restarted the pc, reauthorized, enabled all extensions (failed), disabled all extensions, restarted Arcmap, enabled all extensions - finally!

Cheers