ArcGIS Trial version - Geostatistical Analyst extension (Tool Not Licensed)??

Jump to solution
03-07-2016 08:04 PM
RE
by
New Contributor III

Dear All,

I just installed a Trial Version of ArcGIS. I was able to authorize it using the authorization code provided by ESRI. However, I could not use Geostatistical Analyst extension because it says 'Tool Not Licensed'. My question is do I need to purchase the license? I thought it is a free trial version. And the extension has been 'installed' and 'authorized' as per ArcGIS Administrator. Your help/thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

R E

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RE
by
New Contributor III

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions.

My problem has been solved.

I don't know what caused the problem, but what I did was nothing extraordinary.

I shut down everything, restarted the pc, reauthorized, enabled all extensions (failed), disabled all extensions, restarted Arcmap, enabled all extensions - finally!

Cheers

View solution in original post

16 Replies
AjitkumarBabar
Occasional Contributor II

Have you checked Geostatistical Analyst extension from > Customize > Extension option in ArcMap?

RE
by
New Contributor III

Hi Ajit,

Thanks for your reply. YES, I already checked the boxes of all the extensions of interest.

But still saying Tool Not Licensed for all the extensions. Maybe I am missing something?

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

In that case, check the expiry date of the extensions in ArcGIS Administrator.

If they are still valid, try closing all ArcGIS Applications and restarting ArcMap session.

Think Location
0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

This website should help

ArcGIS Geostatistical Analyst | Evaluate

However, it is a little misleading. There are three options for getting this extension and none of the three are in your case.

Option one is if you have no ArcGIS Software. And it says this:

Receive a full copy of ArcGIS for Desktop at the Advanced license level and selected ArcGIS extensions at no cost for 60 days.

The word "selected" makes me wonder...

Option two is if you have ArcGIS Single Use License. These are the instructions for that (which I am hoping work for you):

Go to Start arrow All Programs arrow ArcGIS arrow ArcGIS Administrator. Make sure you have the appropriate Desktop Single Use product selected, click Authorize Now, and follow the instructions. Click Register Single Use and Extensions and follow the instructions.

Option three is for a concurrent license and at that point, you have to contact customer service.

Try the idea under Option Two and also check out the link to see if that helps.

0 Kudos
RE
by
New Contributor III

Thanks, Adrian. I will explore it.

But as I mentioned in my reply to Jayanta, not only Geostatistical Analyst that is not working, other extensions too.

0 Kudos
RE
by
New Contributor III

Hi Adrian, I just realized this is where I got the trial version ArcGIS 10.4. It includes selected extensions, but they don't seem to work for me.

Free Trial

If you don't have any ArcGIS for Desktop software

Receive a full copy of ArcGIS for Desktop at the Advanced license level and selected ArcGIS extensions at no cost for 60 days.

0 Kudos
RE
by
New Contributor III

Thanks Jayanta. ArcMap session has been restarted, including my PC. But still ALL the extensions, e.g. spatial analyst, do not work.

Additional Info:

During authorization, I selected 'Advanced (ArcInfo) Single Use. Would this be the problem?

0 Kudos
RE
by
New Contributor III

The extensions will expire on May 6, 2016.

0 Kudos
AjitkumarBabar
Occasional Contributor II

This is strange. If possible attach the screenshot or re-authorize the license.

0 Kudos