ArcGIS Engine silent install parameters

07-11-2019 08:37 AM
BrianChappell
New Contributor

I am trying to silently install the ArcGIS 10.6 Engine via a deployment package/SCCM. So far the silently part is working correctly (using the /QN switch), but it needs to be installed as a Single Use instead of the default, which appears to be Concurrent Use.

I've done some searching, but haven't been able to find the switch to have it install and be set as Single Use, if one exists. I believe it exists with ArcGIS Desktop and I've tried a few of those switches with no luck.

I did try using the /SEAT_PREFERENCE, but that didn't seem to affect those settings.

Any ideas on the best way to have Single use license selected as part of the install?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BrianChappell
New Contributor

Update: I did some more digging and went into the registry and it looks like I was able to get the right parameters to pass through. I used /QN SEAT_PREFERENCE_ENGINE=Fixed ENGINE_CONFIG=TRUE and that seems to have done it.

JohnTyll1
New Contributor

Brian,  Would you mind sharing how you are managing your Engine Single Use licenses?  I have 52 SU's and haven't been able to find a "best practices" document around the management of the licenses. I know we are going to have equipment replaced without deactivating licenses and just about everything else that shouldn't happen will. You may contact me directly jtyll@tristategt.org  if you have any information you would be willing to share.  

Thanks!

John

0 Kudos