ArcGIS Desktop Icon

05-20-2016 09:23 AM
SaraBelligoni
New Contributor

Hi everyone,

I am in the 60 days trial version, I have dowloaded ArcGIS Map and Desktop. Where to find the icon in order to start create new projects?

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Assuming you are in windows, select the icon in the bottom left (start or similar), then select show all applications, navigate to ArcGIS and select ArcMap.  If you want an icon on the desktop or task bar, right-click on the menu option and select what you want

0 Kudos
SaraBelligoni
New Contributor

Thank you for the reply.

But I need ArcGIS Pro, and not Map. the problem is that when I click on Pro, it asks me to log in and I do that with my credential for the online one but it tells me that I have no licence, so, what can I do?

Il Venerdì 20 Maggio 2016 18:43, Dan Patterson <geonet@esri.com> ha scritto:

#yiv8039632013 * #yiv8039632013 a #yiv8039632013 body {font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;}#yiv8039632013 #yiv8039632013 h1, #yiv8039632013 h2, #yiv8039632013 h3, #yiv8039632013 h4, #yiv8039632013 h5, #yiv8039632013 h6, #yiv8039632013 p, #yiv8039632013 hr {}#yiv8039632013 .yiv8039632013button td {}

|

GeoNet

|

ArcGIS Desktop Icon

reply from Dan Patterson in ArcGIS for Desktop Installation support - View the full discussionAssuming you are in windows, select the icon in the bottom left (start or similar), then select show all applications, navigate to ArcGIS and select ArcMap.  If you want an icon on the desktop or task bar, right-click on the menu option and select what you want

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on GeoNet

Start a new discussion in ArcGIS for Desktop Installation support by email or at GeoNet

Following ArcGIS Desktop Icon in these streams: Inbox

This email was sent by GeoNet because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from GeoNet, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences |

|

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Well you need to be licensed.  If you have a valid license for arcmap, then this shouldn't be an issue.  If you are with an educational institution or the like, then "they" have to give you permission to use the software since "credits" can be consumed and they don't want people floating around.  You will have to follow the procedures here

Get started with ArcGIS Pro—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS for Desktop and specifically here

Manage ArcGIS Pro licenses—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS for Desktop

SaraBelligoni
New Contributor

Actually I am the admin, so I don't understand why with my credentials it doesn't work, also because I can open and use Map without any problem...

Il ven, 20 mag, 2016 alle 19:02, Dan Patterson<geonet@esri.com> ha scritto:

|

GeoNet

|

ArcGIS Desktop Icon

reply from Dan Patterson in ArcGIS for Desktop Installation support - View the full discussion

Well you need to be licensed.  If you have a valid license for arcmap, then this shouldn't be an issue.  If you are with an educational institution or the like, then "they" have to give you permission to use the software since "credits" can be consumed and they don't want people floating around.  You will have to follow the procedures here

Get started with ArcGIS Pro—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS for Desktop and specifically here

Manage ArcGIS Pro licenses—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS for Desktop

Start a new discussion in ArcGIS for Desktop Installation support by email or at GeoNet

You may unsubscribe instantly from GeoNet, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Well when pro 1.2 was issued, I had no problem installing, registering and using arcmap 10.4... pro 1.2, I had to wait until our admin received 'permissions' to use it and grant license access to the designated users... sooo, something along the path hasn't been completed and I would contact your regional rep to see what gives.

0 Kudos
SaraBelligoni
New Contributor

Ok, thanks. I have disintalled in order to wait other info and try again following the entire process again. Anyway, I am in the free trial and I am the only one in using, as well as I am the admin with the permission to use ArcGIS Pro and the extensions. 

Il ven, 20 mag, 2016 alle 19:17, Dan Patterson<geonet@esri.com> ha scritto:

|

GeoNet

|

ArcGIS Desktop Icon

reply from Dan Patterson in ArcGIS for Desktop Installation support - View the full discussion

Well when pro 1.2 was issued, I had no problem installing, registering and using arcmap 10.4... pro 1.2, I had to wait until our admin received 'permissions' to use it and grant license access to the designated users... sooo, something along the path hasn't been completed and I would contact your regional rep to see what gives.

You may unsubscribe instantly from GeoNet, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

0 Kudos