ArcGis Desktop free trial

08-29-2015 01:03 PM
felixnnam
New Contributor

hi am felix. my free trial for ArcGis desktop has expired. how do i go about getting the authorization ? am based in Nigeria.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

You have to get a new one at the same place you got the last one.  If that was through a school, then they have the necessary steps to enable you to get one as lomng as you are a student.  Otherwise, you get one trial per user name

RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

...and ArcGIS for Home Use would be the next cheapest option....if it's available for you in Nigeria.​

ArcGIS for Home Use Program | ArcGIS for Desktop Advanced for Personal Use

0 Kudos
felixnnam
New Contributor

thanks. but i downloaded the arcgis desktop from the esri website. am

not looking for another free trial but the 'full' or 'pro' version. am

willing to pay but don't know where or how to do that.

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

This might give you a starting point to find your local distributor.

Distributor Offices

Nigeria is on the list.  With a "current" Desktop, you typically get one AGOL and Pro license with that. A new purchase typically comes with the first year maintenance (that is, current). If you don't continue on maintenance after the first year, Desktop continues to work, but at least at this time, AGOL and Pro would not (those are annual subscriptions)  I know that is maybe more info than you needed at this time, and your local distributor could fill you in with the details.  I mention "typical" on all of that because I am in the U.S. and it is possible that it is different thru a distributor outside of the U.S., I'm not sure.

I hope that helps.