ArcGIS 10.4 license trough Direct Access/ IPv6

08-09-2016 07:26 AM
deleted-user-dZnlqqpQ3bzV
New Contributor II

Help!

We are migrating from Windows 7, ArcGIS 10.1 and VPN over IPv4 for network connections outside the office to Windows 8.1, ArcGIS 10.4 and DirectAccess over IPv6.

But the ArcGIS 10.4 license manager is totally unreachable through DirectAccess for ArcGIS Desktop 10.4.

ESRI inc. has checked every setting they could think of and nothing seems wrong.

Strangely enough ArcGIS Desktop 10.3 can connect to the ArcGIS 10.4 license manager through DirectAccess using exactly the same settings.

Anybody familiar with this issue? And perhaps solved it??

Kind regards,

Rienco Groenewold

Netherlands

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JasonRoper
New Contributor III

I don't have a solution, but maybe a possible workaround.  We have many problems with licensing and Direct Access.  It doesn't not work with the majority of our engineering software network licensing.  Users must launch an old fashioned VPN connection then right-click on the Direct Access icon in the system tray and select 'Use Local DNS resolution' when using ESRI when working remotely.  That's usually no guarantee either.  The ESRI license manager still does a lousy job of connecting over a VPN and always has. 

0 Kudos
MatthewFletcher
Occasional Contributor

Wanted to add this to the conversation.  I found a post on the ESRI Austrailia Technical Blog (https://esriaustraliatechblog.wordpress.com/2020/12/14/how-to-connect-to-an-arcgis-license-manager-u...) that has directions on how to add both an IPV4 and IPV6 address to the registry of the local ArcGIS Administrator.  It fixed the issue I was having with IPV6.  I can now connect 10.8.1 ArcMap running on my laptop to our GIS server which hosts a 2020.0 ArcGIS License Server Administrator.

0 Kudos