I updated Arc Desktop from 10.5.1 to 10.6.
I have two 2012 SQL Servers I connect to to get SQL Views.
One of the servers no longer displays the views.
On my other Arc Desktop, 10.5.1, I see the views on both servers.
I have updated the SQL Native Client to 11.4.7001.0, even rebooted the system.
Recreating the SQL Connection did not fix it.
What am I missing?
From ArcMap, I tried to Add Data / Add Query Layer and selected the SQL connection I am having issues with.
I get the following popup:
Underlying DBMS error[[Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0][SQL Server]Incorrect syntax near ' '.]
It looks like a space between the single quotes.
I installed the ODBC driver from My ESRI, to see if that helped, Microsoft_ODBC_Driver_131_SQL_Server_64bit_157967.exe, it did not.
I believe this error is typically because I don't have the SQL Native Clients installed; they are.
Found the problem.
The server I was connecting to and having issues was not a 2012, it is a 2008.
ESRI stopped supporting 2008 in 10.4. I guess they pulled the plug in 10.6 because it still works in 10.5.1.
I hope this helps someone out.