Error Installing ArcGIS Desktop 10.8.1

Jump to solution
06-10-2021 07:44 AM
xaviandrade
New Contributor

I am trying to download my ArcGIS 10.8.1. Once the installation begins, the error appears (see attached image). However, I have tried previous versions of ArcGis Desktop up to version 10.5 but I keep getting the same message

xaviandrade_0-1623336231238.png

xaviandrade_1-1623336262633.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

- Is your machine meeting the system requirements? ArcGIS Desktop 10.8.x system requirements 

- Please ensure all Windows drivers are updated.

- What antivirus do you have? Sometimes a third-party antivirus may cause problem. Stopping the anti-virus temporarily may work for you.

- Restart the machine.

- Try to run the installation using the MSI file (instead of EXE file)?

JayantaPoddar_0-1623338266513.png

Else, please connect with Esri Technical Support to guide you through the installation process and troubleshoot the issue.

Think Location

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I strongly encourage you to keep any installation media in any other folder than on OneDrive. Just doing that may solve your problem.

Even when using GIS, you should turn off OneDrive synch while you work on those folders (I avoid it).

JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

- Is your machine meeting the system requirements? ArcGIS Desktop 10.8.x system requirements 

- Please ensure all Windows drivers are updated.

- What antivirus do you have? Sometimes a third-party antivirus may cause problem. Stopping the anti-virus temporarily may work for you.

- Restart the machine.

- Try to run the installation using the MSI file (instead of EXE file)?

JayantaPoddar_0-1623338266513.png

Else, please connect with Esri Technical Support to guide you through the installation process and troubleshoot the issue.

Think Location
0 Kudos