Back save crash Arcmap

09-03-2019 11:57 AM
mattbeamish
New Contributor

1st poster here, and I need help with Arcmap crashing. I have a project that I am working on in version 10.6. I need to back save this to 10.3 to work on another system but everytime I try to do so, I get a crash. Ditto trying to back save to 10.4. I have run mxd doctor to create a new project but this has no affect on the disability to back save. Any ideas?

thanks 

PS really don't know what 'space' to post to - just want a general ArcMap one, please someone tell me if I should have used a more appropriate 'space'!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Hi Matt.  Sorry that you're running into a crash.  From what I can tell, it doesn't look like you submitted the crash dump.  If this is happening consistently, I'd recommend contacting tech support to troubleshoot the issue: Esri Support Contact Support 

Here's a bit about how the process works when an error report is submitted: ArcGIS Desktop Error Reporter Learns Its Manners  but again, for something that occurs consistently, the best route is to work with support.

0 Kudos
mattbeamish
New Contributor

Hi Kory,

thanks for reply. I did agree to the crash report dialogue on many instances of the crash - how would you make a connection between my post here, and a submitted crash report - is there a reference I need to include in the next crash report as I can force one.

regards
Matt  

0 Kudos
mattbeamish
New Contributor

Hi Kory. I am also finding that Key Numbering labels seems completely broken in 10.6.1. I can save a Layer in 10.3 as a Layer file with it working correctly, and import into a 10.6.1 MXD and Key numbering does not work. I have been spending hours trying to get it working while doing so I have been looking for solutions, and I found your post:

Friends Don't Let Friends Use ArcMap 10.6.1 Wit... | GeoNet, The Esri Community | GIS and Geospatial... 

and wonder if I should be asking for 10.6.1 to be patched at University of Leicester, UK.

thanks

Matt

0 Kudos