Zipper Grids - ArcGIS Pro Incorrect UTM Zone Grid Designator

Jump to solution
05-07-2020 06:40 PM
RowanWade
New Contributor II

Hi I'm currently doing some work on Zipper Grids (on ArcGIS Pro 2.5) and have come across an error with the UTM Grid Zone Designator.

It is giving me a UTM Designator of 54I & 55I. This UTM zone does not exist. The UTM zone my area of interest falls within is 54H. This is picked up in the meter reference guide just not the grid.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure if it's my ignorance, I have done something wrong or if its a bug (I'm assuming its the former).

Thanks,

Rowan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanHopkins
Esri Contributor

Hi Rowan,

I have received communication from the ArcGIS Pro Layout Team. They agree that this is an issue. They have logged an issue in their internal defect tracking system. They are going to try and address this issue for ArcGIS Pro 2.6.

Cheers,

Dan

View solution in original post

7 Replies
DanHopkins
Esri Contributor

Hi Rowan,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. I am also running ArcGIS Pro 2.5 and ArcGIS Pro 2.5.1. When I create a grid using the Make Grids And Graticules Layer GP tool and using an ArcGIS Defense Mapping zipper grid template xml, I cannot reproduce your issue. I get the result below.

Can you please answer the following:

1. Are you creating your grid in ArcGIS Pro 2.5 using the Insert tab, Map Frames group, Grid drop-down?

Regards,

Dan

RowanWade
New Contributor II

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your quick reply.

1. Are you creating your grid in ArcGIS Pro 2.5 using the Insert tab, Map Frames group, Grid drop-down?

Yes I am using that method to generate two grids (one for each zone) using the Clip to UTM zone boundary option.

I am not using a GP tool.

My AOI is: TL 55H 245998 5916108 and BR 54H 752721 5881020 although the location isn't important it was just used for a demo.

0 Kudos
DanHopkins
Esri Contributor

Hi Rowan,

Thank you for responding to my question so quickly.

Using ArcGIS Pro 2.5, 2.5.1, and a test version of 2.6, I can reproduce your issue when inserting a grid using Insert tab, Map Frames group, Grid drop-down. This is not an issue with ArcGIS Defense Mapping. I have created some sample data and I will be providing it to my colleagues on the ArcGIS Pro Layout Team. I will respond to this post with any additional information from the Layout Team.

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

Regards,

Dan

DanHopkins
Esri Contributor

Hi Rowan,

I have received communication from the ArcGIS Pro Layout Team. They agree that this is an issue. They have logged an issue in their internal defect tracking system. They are going to try and address this issue for ArcGIS Pro 2.6.

Cheers,

Dan

RowanWade
New Contributor II

Thanks Dan, I appreciate the help.

0 Kudos
DanHopkins
Esri Contributor

Hi Rowan,

The ArcGIS Pro Layout Team has addressed your issue. I have tested with the latest build of ArcGIS Pro 2.6. The issue is addressed.

Cheers,

Dan

RowanWade
New Contributor II

Thanks Dan.
Much appreciated!

0 Kudos