Where can i find documentation for Topographic Data Store (TDS) schema?

02-16-2018 12:14 AM
IroArgyrou
New Contributor II

We are looking for documentation for Topographic Data Store (TDS). Specialized Urban TDS.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
DanHopkins
Esri Contributor

Hi Iro,

What version of Esri Defense Mapping are you using?

What type of documentation are you looking for?

Regards,

Dan

0 Kudos
IroArgyrou
New Contributor II

Hi Dan, 

We are using 10.3.1 version of Esri Defense Mapping and we have also a version of 10.5.

We are looking for a Technical Documentation for the Urban TDS schema not just a dictionary.

Regards

Iro

0 Kudos
Bo_King
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Iro

You can find the Topographic Data Store (TDS) Entity Catalog (EC), Version 6.0 document (zip) at the link below:

https://nsgreg.nga.mil/doc/view?i=82116&month=2&day=21&year=2018 > TDS DCS EC (v6.0).zip 

Regards, 

Bo

IroArgyrou
New Contributor II

Hi Bo,

thank you very much for your help. As i have understand the TDS is an entity catalog which contain indormation from all the TDS Data Stores (Global,Local and Urban). The TDS contains primarily topographic features which are not extracted and is used only as storage database? In case i want to produce large scale data (1:5k or 1:10k) i have to use Urban TDS schema. So the data are produced (edit,update,etc) in the UTDS and then are stored in the TDS, as i have understand? Is that correct? Why isn't it possible to produce data in the TDS database and then extract them to other TDS Data stores (LTDS or UTDS), is there any reason?

Thank you once again for your help.

Regards

Iro

Bo_King

Hi Iro

The TDS schema (6.0) is now intended for all scales. This latest 6.0 version supersedes the older 5.0 versions for individual scales (Global, Regional, Local, Urban). There in no reason to continue using the older versions for collection or production.

Regards, Bo

IroArgyrou
New Contributor II

Hi Bo

Considering your answer I would like to ask something more.

In case we want to move to a MGCP schema from TDS (6.0 version) is there any Data Conversation tool in the Defence Mapping solution? 

Regards

Iro

0 Kudos
Bo_King

Hi Iro
We do not support TDS to MGCP, however, we do support the more common workflow of MGCP to TDS.

You can find a variety of cross-reference database files in the TDS Data Conversion folder:

<install>ArcGIS\EsriDefenseMapping\Desktop10.x\Tds\DataConversion

Data can be loaded using the Preload Validate and Data Loader tools on the Production Mapping toolbar in ArcCatalog.

Regards,

Bo

JorgeDelÁguilaLópez-Pintor
New Contributor

Hi,

I have problems with the Data Loader Tools on the Production Mapping toolbar. I can't choose a cross-reference file geodatabase in the tool, is it only supported personal database as cross-reference?

How can i convert a cross-reference file geodatabase (gdb) into a cross-reference personal geodatabase (mdb)

Thank you in advance

Best Regards,

0 Kudos
Bo_King

Hi Jorge

Both File and Personal GDBs are supported in the Data Loader tool.  Please check that the "Show of type" option is using "File Geodatabases" rather than "Personal Geodatabases".  Hopeful that's the issue.

Regards, 

Bo

0 Kudos