Specific way to set Vertical Obstruction / multiple symbol in TM?

Jump to solution
12-13-2022 09:52 PM
hm_stella
Esri Contributor

Hi,

I found that the symbology enables the features with Arcade expression ZI006_MEM == "multiple" to have Vertical Obstruction / multiple marker.

hm_stella_0-1670995381097.png

hm_stella_1-1670995388583.png

I know that features with height over 46 are mostly set as vertical obstructions, and I got some questions about the usage of that specific symbol.

First, is the value "multiple" set manually  (like typing in the attribute one by one) or by some rules (like running the calculate field to fill the attribute with "multiple")? 

For example, if there are 100 point features that are all over 46 for their heights, could I just pick whatever the features are and set ZI006_MEM field with "multiple" value? 

Second, there will be scenarios of choosing when the feature needs to be multiple vertical obstructions, single obstructions, and neither of them. Does ZI006_MEM field has appropriate values to support those scenarios? If not, can I use the other field?

Let's say there are 10 point features located in a dense area (125 square meters) and other 10 point features scattered outside of the dense area. I'd like to just mark one feature as a Vertical Obstruction / multiple and the rest 9 point features in the same dense area to be hidden. The other 10 points that are staying outside of the dense area can be displayed as a Vertical Obstruction / single. In this scenario, how can I handle with the ZI006_MEM value?

Third, if I made my own field values to differentiate the vertical obstructions whether one is multiple, the another one is single, and the other is hidden, can I use that field instead of ZI006_MEM field?

Could anyone make some clear answers to the questions? Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnGrammer1425
New Contributor II

hm_stella

The thinning and symbolizing the multiple vertical obstructions is a manual process as of now. We are looking at adding a tool that would populate the multiple value and hide the other vertical obstructions based on a specified distance. 

But for now you could select the vertical obstruction that you want to make as a multiple and calculate the ZI006_MEM value to "multiple" and calculate the ISVISIBLE attribute to 0. The other vertical obstructions you do not want to be symbolized calculate the ISVISIBLE attribute to 1. The definition query on the layer will only show the features that have the ISVISIBLE value set to 0. 

So if you want to show any vertical obstructions then populate the ISVISIBLE = 0, if you want to hide any vertical obstructions populate the ISVISIBLE = 1. IF you want to show a vertical obstruction as multiple then you will need to populate ZI006_MEM = 'multiple" and ISVISIBLE = 0

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JohnGrammer1425
New Contributor II

hm_stella

The thinning and symbolizing the multiple vertical obstructions is a manual process as of now. We are looking at adding a tool that would populate the multiple value and hide the other vertical obstructions based on a specified distance. 

But for now you could select the vertical obstruction that you want to make as a multiple and calculate the ZI006_MEM value to "multiple" and calculate the ISVISIBLE attribute to 0. The other vertical obstructions you do not want to be symbolized calculate the ISVISIBLE attribute to 1. The definition query on the layer will only show the features that have the ISVISIBLE value set to 0. 

So if you want to show any vertical obstructions then populate the ISVISIBLE = 0, if you want to hide any vertical obstructions populate the ISVISIBLE = 1. IF you want to show a vertical obstruction as multiple then you will need to populate ZI006_MEM = 'multiple" and ISVISIBLE = 0

hm_stella
Esri Contributor

Hi @JohnGrammer1425 !

Thanks for your answer 🙂