Reviewer Processing Errors

09-10-2019 10:57 AM
SusanONeill1
New Contributor II

I created a few Data Reviewer Batch processing jobs and they run correctly on my workstation, regardless of whether I am connecting to the default version of the DB or a child version.  One job runs against water features and the other runs against sewer features.  I created and saved the batch jobs pointing to the default version.  When I open the job, it updates to the correct child version, etc., and runs successfully.  However, when another user runs the jobs against their editing version, one of the jobs runs fine, but the other generates "Reviewer Processing Errors" that say "ReviewerEngine.RevTableResource. 1):Error applying SQL filter (SQL statement is here - receiving this on multiple SQL statements).  Unable to sub-select."  - A picture of the errors is attached.  
We are using ArcGIS 10.2.2 and Data Reviewer 10.2.2.  

I suspect the errors are related to the version, but I can't find any information about how to resolve it.  Our shop is relatively new to the use of Data Reviewer.  Any assistance is appreciated. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
KumarGaurav
Esri Contributor

Hi Susan,

I don't see any reason why batch job is failing on the editing version except the following :

1. Please confirm if database type (SQL server, Oracle etc.) is same where the batch job is working fine and where it's giving this error.

2. Please confirm if all the fields are available on that editing version. 

Thanks,

Kumar

0 Kudos
SusanONeill1
New Contributor II

Kumar,

1.   Both are connecting to the same SQL Server database and same version.  

2.   All fields are available in the editing version.     

Thanks for your assistance.

Susan

0 Kudos
KumarGaurav
Esri Contributor

Hi Susan,

What type of checks you are using in the batch job?

Can you please try one of the query that is failing in the edit version in "Select by Attribute" tool and repeat the same process with ExecuteSQL check and run that as individual check not in batch job on the same machine/version where the batch job is failing. I am trying to find out if this issue is only happening with batch jobs or in any form of SQL query execution.

Thanks,

Kumar Gaurav

0 Kudos
SusanONeill1
New Contributor II

Kumar,

I ran the SQL Query in Select By Attribute using exactly the same syntax as what is in the Batch job and it works fine in the Select.  In researching the issue online, I found a note that said log records are written to a file under AppData, so I opened that file in Notepad and found the following listed each time this occurs:  

Beginning to validate following: GDB_DPU.GDB_DPU.wFireHydrant at time Tuesday, September 10, 2019 1:09:33 PM
Checks Applied: Execute SQL Check
Finished processing at: Tuesday, September 10, 2019 1:09:44 PM
Processing Duration: 0:00:00:11
Number Validated: Unknown
Number Results: 0
Warnings:
Processing Errors:
(ReviewerEngine.RevTableResource.1): (ReviewerEngine.RevTableResource.1):Error applying SQL filter (((XGPS IS NULL) AND (YGPS IS NOT NULL)) OR ((XGPS IS NOT NULL) AND (YGPS IS NULL))). Unable to sub-select

Note that this doesn't always happen on the feature class Fire Hydrant. I had my co-worker test it again with a different version and this time we got the errors on Water Bends and Isolation Valves.  I copied and pasted the SQL statement from the log file and used it to Select by Attributes and it worked fine. It's only the Batch jobs that are having problems.  

Once I get the error on one feature class such as Fire Hydrants, I then get an error for every check against that Feature Class.  We run the Validate when opening the Data Reviewer batch and we're not getting any errors there.  And when I check the Workspace on the other users' workstation, it looks exactly the same as on my workstation (as long as we are pointing to the same version).  

0 Kudos
ErinStrickler
New Contributor III

I am having a somewhat similar issue where I sometimes get an error on every single feature in a feature class.  I'm using Pro 2.4.1 (though I had the same issue in ArcMap 10.7). If I run the batch job on small map extent, it works as expected. But as soon as I try to run it on the whole database (or even by map extent of the whole area) I get warnings and an error on every single feature. It's like there is a feature that it doesn't like and as long as my extent does not include that feature, it runs fine. The warnings aren't always the same, but they include both "ReviewerEngine.RevTableResource.1" and "ReviewerEngine.RevResultHelper.1". Any help would be appreciated!

0 Kudos
SusanONeill1
New Contributor II

Further Info - I found that I can recreate the error on my workstation.  If I run the batch file against the default DB version, it runs correctly.  When I run it against a child version and just select "Current Extent", it also runs correctly.  But if I run it against the same child version and select both "Current Extent" and "Changed Features Only", I get errors like the ones I attached on my original post.  I am thinking I need to request a case at ESRI Support if no one has any further suggestions.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
KumarGaurav
Esri Contributor

Hi Susan,

Please contact Esri Support as the issue seems to be specific to the changed feature functionality, support analyst will work with you to find the root cause of this problem.

I would really appreciate if you update the forum with your findings once the issue is resolved .

Thanks,

Kumar

0 Kudos
LavanyaSugumar
New Contributor

Hi, 

I am having the same issues too and we use arcmap 10.7.1 version. Did anybody contact ESRI support and get this resolved? What were their findings?

Thanks,

Lavanya

0 Kudos
SusanONeill1
New Contributor II

Lavanya,

I currently have a ticket open with ESRI. I sent them my rbj files and they were not able to recreate the problem, so they requested a copy of our data. That was just submitted to them yesterday afternoon, so I am hoping they will have some feedback within the next week. I will make them aware of your posting. Thanks.

Susan O’Neill

City of Virginia Beach

Public Utilities Engineering

757-385-8131

0 Kudos