Re: ArcGIS Data Reviewer Roadmap – Q2 2021

08-27-2021 05:20 AM
AnthonyRyanEQL
Occasional Contributor III

I have read somewhere that Data Reviewer will be depreciated in the near future. How does the above mid & long term roadmap items fit in? Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JayCary
Esri Contributor

As outlined in the product roadmap, there are plans for new capabilities in future releases of the Data Reviewer extension. That said, there are some capabilities which are planned for deprecation.

This includes capabilities in ArcGIS Enterprise that are based on the ArcGIS Data Reviewer ArcMap-based runtime server object extension (SOE). This article outlines the plans and timeline for the removal of the ArcMap-based runtime from ArcGIS Enterprise.

In ArcGIS Pro, the map-based data validation workflow is planned for deprecation at the ArcGIS Pro 3.0 release (notification of this deprecation started in Pro 2.8).

For both scenarios, we’re recommending that customer’s migrate their requirements to Attribute rule-based workflows as an alternative.

0 Kudos
AnthonyRyanEQL

Jay,

Thankyou for the information above but now how a few more questions. Do you recommended blog or something that goes through how it all fits together? I started to the read the link on attribute rule based workflows and now starting to get confused with an implementation that our business has setup.

We are using ArcGIS Enterprise V10.7.1 on AWS, SQL Server 2016 RDS for the EGDB & Utility Network  using V3.2 datamodel with ArcGIS Pro V2.5.1. Attribute rules on the UN feature classes (eg. field is null) which are branch versioned.

No Data Reviewer install on Server and ArcGIS Pro license not enabled. Within ArcGIS Pro we do the usual by adding the error layers and open the error inspector, set the options and execute. This executes the 'evaluate' REST operation. Is this correct, etc? as the performance of this is really hit & miss. Sometimes it runs in 40secs and others 1+hours and can place page/table locks on the EGDB and cause a real mess. Sorry to vent a little.

Thanks for any time you can spend with this.

0 Kudos
JayCary
Esri Contributor

@AnthonyRyanEQLI would suggest reviewing the UC 2021 technical workshop (ArcGIS Data Reviewer: Improving How You Manage Data Quality) to see how Data Reviewer's automated checks support the implementation of Attribute (validation) rules.

It should be noted that Data Reviewer's automated checks were first supported in Attribute (validation) rules in the ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8 release. Since that time, additional automated checks have been added at each release and the checks demonstrated in the workshop may vary from those available in other releases.

0 Kudos
AnthonyRyanEQL

@JayCary ,

I finally got a chance to view the UC2021 technical workshop and it was helpful. Thankyou for this. I still have a question on the licensing for all of this. Is there a matrix or something that explains when the Data Reviewer extension license requirements?

At the moment, I'm only interested in EGDB with branch versioning (eg. Utility Network) so I would have thought only ArcGIS Pro Data Reviewer extension license is required as the validation rule is stored on the EGDB (eg. creation). Is this true?

Does the server extension/license come into this at all? Is it related to which server the service is published to it (eg. ValidationServer/evaluate REST endpoint)

How about the user. Does the end user need the ArcGIS Pro Data Reviewer extension license to use the Error Inspector and execute the 'Evaluate Rules', etc?

Thank you for you time with this

0 Kudos
JayCary
Esri Contributor

@AnthonyRyanEQLA Data Reviewer extension license is required for the following Attribute rule workflows: