Select to view content in your preferred language

Problem with Data Reviewer geometry on geometry check

07-31-2013 04:25 AM
Annebalas
New Contributor
Hi,

I'm using data reviewer since few weeks and I've got a problem.
I have a shape with a merge of several other shape(polygone).
I want to know if some polygone are overlaping others in one shape. I've tried to use geometry on geometry from data reviewer but I can't because i've an error message:"unable to build error geometry for feature XX" and after an other "unable to save error geometry for recordID XX"

If someone has the solution...

Sorry for my English, I'm French.

Thank you for your help
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
14 Replies
Annebalas
New Contributor
meikojosan :For the "unable to save error geometry for recordID XX" message, is there more text that follows it?
No there is not.

For the row records that means they don't have a geometry but are they intersecting anyway?
0 Kudos
AshleyMott
New Contributor III
Hello.

"unable to build error geometry for feature XX" and "unable to save error geometry for recordID XX" are warning messages.  You should still see records written to the Reviewer table, but instead of capturing the error geometry (the geometry of where the actual overlap) it probably captured the full feature geometry.  The overlap geometry could be so that it tries to create a geometry that is invalid.

Are there error records in the Reviewer table for feature "XX"?

Michelle,
I am experiencing the same issue you have described above. My spatial reference of data and Data Reviewer are the same. This is a new issue for me. I am using SDE, so I tested this issue in a file geodatabase and do not get the error: "Unable to save error geometry... Saving feature geometry." What could be wrong with my SDE/SQL db?
0 Kudos
MichelleJohnson
Esri Contributor
Ashley,

The most likely reason that you would get the message "Unable to save error geometry... Saving feature geometry" is that the check was expecting one type of geometry but was returned something different.  For example, if you are looking for intersecting lines using the geometry on geomtry check, the expected return geometry is line.  But it will only get a line if the lines overlap.  If the lines cross, then a point geometry would be returned and therefore, return the message unable to save error geometry.

When looking for intersecting lines, it expects a line error.  When looking for intersecting polygons, it expects a poly error.  So when an error geometry is something other than what it is expecting, you will get that error message.  (BTW, we have addressed that for 10.2.1.  When looking for any type of intersections, it will always return points.  So you should not get that message in those situations.)

You should still have a record of the error in the Reviewer table, but you won't have the exact error geometry.  It's a warning message (not an error message), so the validation ran successfully.

Is the data you validated in the file geodatabase the exact same as the data in SDE?  If it was the same check you were running, but different set of data, that could be the reason you did not get that message.

Regards,
michellej.
0 Kudos
BrunoRaphael_de_Moraes
New Contributor

Hello.

I'm trying to execute a "Polygon Overlap/Gap is Sliver Check" with "Find Overlaps" in two cases:

Standalone using Run Data Check, the check works fine, i've got two registers with correct geometries on reviewer table.

When i try to use Reviewer Batch Validate, with the same database, version and features, i've got wrong geometries and the error "unable to save error geometry for recordID XX". 

I`ve certified that my checkers was set as the same way.

Batch CheckStandalone Check

Thank you for help

0 Kudos
FranciscoPerez1
Esri Contributor

Hello,

1. Which version of ArcGIS Data Reviewer are you using?

2. Can you provide sample data?

3. Can you add an image with the properties of your Polygon Overlap/Gap Sliver Check?

Thank you.

0 Kudos