How to update the NOTES for multiple error records at same time

06-27-2014 02:40 PM
NeilCumbie
New Contributor
Is there a way to update the NOTES field for multiple error records at the same time?   The only fields I can mass update are the Correction Status and Verification Status fields.  What I need to be able to do is take a bunch of error records created by an Automated Check, review them to determine the exact error and solution and document that in the NOTES.  I'm not ready to actually correct the errors, so I can't mass update the Correction Status or Verification Status yet. 

I know that in a normal production workflow, the Correction Technician determines the exact cause and corrects it.  But I'm using Data Reviewer for a conversion project and I need to update the NOTES field to indicate to the vendor the exact error and resolution.

It would seem to me that an automated check should not actually populate any of the Reviewer fields for the errors it generates.    Thanks.

Neil Cumbie
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
KumarBhardwaj
Occasional Contributor II
Hi Neil,

The Notes field in the Reviewer table is used to provide a description/information about the check. So whatever you mention in Notes section while configuring the check gets associated to all the records returned by that specific check.

Currently, we don't have any functionality to mass update the Notes field from Reviewer table. However you can edit the Notes field for one record at a time.

Also I have a suggestion if you are not following a normal production workflow, you can use Custom CorrectionStatus to convey your information and then actual Correction Technician overwrite that field to provide the final correction status.
0 Kudos