How does the composite check work with the *not option?

11-15-2019 04:36 AM
ElinS
by
New Contributor II

Hello,

I am working with the Data reviewer to run monthly checks on our data. I am struggeling to understand how the Composite check works, espcially in combination with the *Not option. I hope someone has more experience with this check and can help clarify how it works.

For example, if I have two line feature classes (A, B) and 1 polygon feature class (C) and I would like to get the following result:

Lines of FC A that do not intersect (in the form of line, relation: 1********) with lines of FC B (check 1) and are also not within polygons of FC C (check 2). In the results I still see lines of FC A that intersect with FC B, so it probably does not work the way I think it works.

Can someone help explain how this check works?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ElinS
by
New Contributor II

After some further testing, I found out that I get different results for exactly the same check when I run the check separately (Run data check) and when I run the check as part of batch job (Batch validate on toolbar or GP tool Execute reviewer batch job). 

The first option (single check) gives the expected results: Lines of FC A that do not intersect (in the form of a line) with lines of FC B and are not within FC C. This gives the first 2 results in the print screen below.

The second option (the same check, but now as part of batch job) gives a different result: the 2 results mentioned above and 7 other results, which seem to be related only to the second part of the composite check (FC A not within FC C). These 7 results are visible in the REVTABLEMAIN and somehow also have a separate CHECKRUNID, but this check is not included in the REVCHECKRUNTABLE.

I expect it has somehting to do with the workspaces of the feature classes. FC A and B are in a separate file geodatabase, while FC C is in another enterprise geodatabase.

Does anyone know if this is normal behaviour and/or how I can run this check as part of a batch job and still get the right result? 

Thank you!

Reviewer table

0 Kudos
ErinStrickler
New Contributor III

Elin,

Did you run the check as part of a batch job with other checks in it, or in

a batch job where it is the only check? From the table it looks like the

first 7 results are from a different check.

Erin

0 Kudos
ElinS
by
New Contributor II

Hi Erin,

Yes it does look like that, that's what is a bit strange about it. There is only one check in the batch job (the composite check), but somehow it generates two types of results.

The check is exactly the same as the check that I ran as a separate check which only generated the 2 results. 

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
ErinStrickler
New Contributor III

That's frustrating.

0 Kudos
KumarGaurav
Esri Contributor

Hi Elin,

I tested a scenario in latest version of ArcMap based on the description of the issue, but I am getting expected results in both individual check and batch job execution, so I suggest please contact Esri Technical Support and they can help you find out why you are getting different results with your data.

Thanks,

Kumar

0 Kudos