Geometric Network Connectivity Rules Check Returning Incorrect Results

08-15-2018 11:00 AM
HeatherHaskell
New Contributor II

My connectivity rules check is returning incorrect results. I have an edge-edge rule set as "mains may connect to hydrant laterals via a tee fitting". Data reviewer flags fittings that are correctly connected to these edges as an error with description "awLateral (Hydrant) should not connect to awMain (None) via awFitting (Tee). The network is correctly set up, and the Editor > Validate tool produces correct results. 

This is an issue with both standalone checks and checks within batch jobs. I am running Desktop 10.6.0.2381, both the network data and reviewer workspaces are File GDBs created at 10.6. I have had this issue with previous versions of Desktop though.

Is this a bug, or is there a setting I have missed? All other connectivity rules are evaluating correctly.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
KumarGaurav
Esri Contributor

Hi Heather,

I am not able to reproduce this issue locally with my sample data. Can you please provide a small sample (with few features) of your data with the Geometric network so that I can see further troubleshoot this issue.

Thanks,

Kumar

0 Kudos
HeatherHaskell
New Contributor II

Hi Kumar, 

Thanks for looking into this. A sample is attached for you. I ran the connectivity rules check, and came up with 40 errors in this area that should not be errors. The Zip file contains a screen cap of the incorrect results.

0 Kudos
KumarGaurav
Esri Contributor

Hi Heather,

Thanks for sending this sample of your data, I am able to reproduce this issue and a bug (TFS 111699) has been logged in our internal system.

Thanks,

Kumar

0 Kudos
HeatherHaskell
New Contributor II

Excellent, thank you Kumar

0 Kudos
BenjaminBlackshear
New Contributor III

When will this be resolved for 10.6?

It looks like it was an issue in 10.1 from this thread: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-data-reviewer-questions/connectivity-rules-check-returning-erro...

and was resolved in a patch for 10.2: https://support.esri.com/en/download/2005

but is now reoccurring in 10.6 and i see no mention of it being addressed in any of the releases or patches after 10.6

0 Kudos