DataReviewer tables really mess up when transferred to SDE from a fGDB

08-25-2014 09:02 AM
RandyCrumley1
New Contributor III

So I have multiple users working on datasets in SDE.  They are reviewing and making changes to the data per the datareviewer provided to them by the QC department.   If it looks like they will not hit their target deadline, I transfer the Reviewer Dataset to SDE so multiple users can work on the Reviewer Dataset at once.  At first glance, this appeared to work.

HOWEVER (THIS IS A GIANT HOWEVER)

The Record ID for the Revtablemain drops by 1.  In the fGDB, it started at 2, now it starts at 1.  Which is okay, I guess, since the OID starts at the same place (0).  And it lines up.  UNTIL you get more than 550 records, then the OIDs go haywire and god knows how they are ordered.  Now it links to the wrong polygon for records 550 - 3178, then they line back up. 

FID and OID used to be able to be expressed as OID = (FID -2).  Not now.

So when I did testing I looked at the 1st few 100 records and the last few 100 records and everything seemed fine.  I didn't think to check every single record....

I've tried multiple joins, and I get sort of close to getting things back right, but it's not working. 

I've spent 2 whole days on this, entering day 3.  Sure could use some help.

Thanks.

-RC

ArcGIS 10.2.1 for Desktop

ArcGIS 10.2.1 for Desktop Print Dialog Hang Patch

Esri Production Mapping 10.2.1

Esri Production Mapping 10.2.1 Patch 1

Esri Defense Mapping 10.2.1

Esri Defense Mapping 10.2.1 Patch 1

ArcGIS 10.2.1 for Maritime: Charting

ArcGIS 10.2.1 for Maritime: Charting Patch 1

ArcGIS 10.2.1 for Maritime: Bathymetry

ArcGIS 10.2.1 for Maritime: Bathymetry Patch 1

ArcGIS 10.2.1 for Aviation: Charting

ArcGIS 10.2.1 for Aviation: Charting Patch 1

ArcGIS 10.2.1 for Aviation: Airports

ArcGIS 10.2.1 for Aviation: Airports Patch 1

ArcGIS 10.2.1 Data Reviewer for Desktop

ArcGIS 10.2.1 Patch 1 Data Reviewer for Desktop

ArcGIS 10.2.1 for Desktop Background Geoprocessing (64-bit)

0 Kudos
3 Replies
KumarBhardwaj
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Randy,

Can you please confirm:

1. How did you transferred the Reviewer Data set to SDE?

2. Have you also moved/updated your data after moving the Reviewer Data set?

Thanks,

Kumar

0 Kudos
RandyCrumley1
New Contributor III

Hi.

I used the Reviewer table importer exporter tool to transfer the data to sde.

We have modified the reviewer dataset, but only the correction statuses.  I have, since my question, been able to get the table to line back up to my features, but the record, object, and link IDs are not the same.  This is only for the unmodified data.

To do this, I calculate the OID in the Revtablenmain to equal the record ID (since the revpoly OID/LINKID fields match now, when they were in a fGDB LINKID = (OID -1) ) 

But as for how to get the ones that have been corrected since being put in sde to match back up, well I'm still trying to wrap my head around that.

Thanks.

-RC

0 Kudos
KumarBhardwaj
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Randy,

I request you to please contact Esri Technical Support for this issue so that we can better understand your workflow and help you in resolving all these issues.

Thanks,

Kumar

0 Kudos