Data Reviewer sometimes will not save records

04-18-2012 05:08 AM
ScottLampley
New Contributor III
I'm curious if anyone has or is having the same problem with data reviewer that I am.
I will be adding records to the reviewer table while I have the table viewable and I can see them being added with a new RECORDID (for this example let's say I just added RECORDID's 30-40).  Sometime I will close the data reviewer session and then open it back up and the records I just added will be gone but if I add a new record to the reviewer table with RECORDID will be 41 as if the missing records are still available somewhere.  If I look at the REVTABLEMAIN in ArcCatalog records 30-40 will be missing but record 41 still be there.  Does anyone know what is going on?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
DanHopkins
Esri Contributor
Please answer the following:

1. What version of Data Reviewer are you using?

2. What is the build number for Data Reviewer?

3. Your Reviewer workspace is in what type of workspace?
0 Kudos
ScottLampley
New Contributor III
Where can I find that information?

Where can I find that information?

FGDB
0 Kudos
ScottLampley
New Contributor III
found the info (in the extensions window):

FGDB
0 Kudos
DanHopkins
Esri Contributor
Thank you for answering my questions.

Is your Reviewer workspace and Data workspace the same file geodatabase? If yes, did you start an edit session and were you editing data at the same time you were committing errors to the Reviewer table?

Is it possible that more than one user is accessing the file geodatabase at the same time?
0 Kudos
ScottLampley
New Contributor III
Is your Reviewer workspace and Data workspace the same file geodatabase?

yes

If yes, did you start an edit session and were you editing data at the same time you were committing errors to the Reviewer table?

both yes and no

Is it possible that more than one user is accessing the file geodatabase at the same time?

It IS possible, although we have a small team and I will say that no one was trying to access the same FGDB as I was.  This issue has happened many times so I'm sure that most of those time that no one was trying to access the same FGDB as I was. 
0 Kudos
ScottLampley
New Contributor III
This issue is continuing to happen today.
0 Kudos
DanHopkins
Esri Contributor
I am running the following:

- Windows XP SP3
- ArcGIS 10 Desktop SP4 Build 4000
- Esri Production Mapping SP4 Build 1125

I am using the TemplateData.gdb located at C:\<ArcGIS Install Location>\Desktop10.0\TemplateData\TemplateData.gdb\USA

The TemplateData.gdb is also my Reviewer workspace.

I launch ArcMap and open a brand new Untitled.mxd. I add the cities and counties feature classes to ArcMap. I specify the TemplateData.gdb as my Reviewer workspace and I create a Reviewer Session called Test1. I then do the following:

1. On the Data Reviewer toolbar, I click Reviewer Table. The Reviewer Table window is launched and is empty.

2. I select U.S. Cities with OBJECTID = 1, 3, 4, 3150, and 3151.

3. On the Data Reviewer toolbar, I click Browse Features. On the Browse Features dialog, I click Write All. On the Commit To Reviewer Table dialog, I click Delete Feature and then click OK. Five records are written to the Reviewer Table. I close the Browse Features dialog.

4. On the Production Editing toolbar, I click Production Start Editing.

5. I select U.S. Counties with OBJECTID = 28 and through the Update Attributes window I change the NAME = Lampley and click Apply.

6. I select U.S. Cities with OBJECTID = 10, 11, 12, and 3152 and delete the features.

7. On the Production Editing toolbar, I click Save Edits.

8. I select U.S. Cities with OBJECTID = 13, 15, and 16.

9. On the Data Reviewer toolbar, I click Browse Features. On the Browse Features dialog, I click Write All. On the Commit To Reviewer Table dialog, I click Delete Feature and then click OK. Three records are written to the Reviewer Table. I close the Browse Features dialog.

10. On the Production Editing toolbar, I click Stop Editing. I am asked 'Do you want to save your edits?', I click Yes.

I am not able to reproduce your issue based on the information you have provided to me. Please use the TemplateData.gdb and provide me with detailed steps to reproduce your issue. Your steps should indicate how you are committing the errors to the Reviewer Table (e.g. through Browse Features, Commit to Reviewer Table, Individual Check, or RBJ).
0 Kudos