Data Reviewer saving some database names in upper case?

149
4
04-23-2020 01:39 PM
Highlighted
New Contributor

I created several Data Reviewer batch jobs in 10.2 with no problems.  We upgraded both ArcGIS Desktop and Data Reviewer to 10.6.1 and now I've run into this issue, regardless of whether I'm creating a new Data Reviewer batch job or updating one originally written in 10.2. 

All my source data is in SDE on SQL server.  I create the batch job while attached to the default DB version.  When I want to run the batch job against another DB version, some of the layers do not automatically switch their source to that version.  I can go in and manually "Change Data Source" in the batch job, but I would have to do that each time.  After investigating all the options, I opened the rbj file in Notepadd++ and saw that some of the database names were saved using upper case and some had lower case (ex: VBDB9999 vs. vbdb9999).  As an experiment, I did a Replace on all the upper case to make them lower case.  The batch file ran fine after that.  But every time I add or change the batch file using Data Reviewer, it changes some to upper case again.  I made sure my server name in my ArcCatalog connection and in my ODBC connection are both lower case.  It didn't make any difference.  Does anyone know what Data Reviewer uses to get the connection name?  Here is a sample of the code as it shows in Notepad++:

GDB_DPU.GDB_DPU.sManhole SERVER=vbdb9999;INSTANCE=sde:sqlserver:vbdb9999;DBCLIENT=sqlserver;DB_CONNECTION_PROPERTIES=vbdb9999;DATABASE=GDB_DPU;VERSION=GDB_DPU.Base;AUTHENTICATION_MODE=OSA, Type: 2</Value></PropertySetProperty><PropertySetProperty xsi:type='esri:PropertySetProperty'><Key>{B67B1462-6D93-4D4B-872B-E174DD3FF85B}</Key><Value xsi:type='xs:string'>GDB_DPU.GDB_DPU.sPumpStation SERVER=vbdb9999;INSTANCE=sde:sqlserver:vbdb9999;DBCLIENT=sqlserver;DB_CONNECTION_PROPERTIES=vbdb9999;DATABASE=GDB_DPU;VERSION=GDB_DPU.Base;AUTHENTICATION_MODE=OSA, Type: 3</Value></PropertySetProperty><PropertySetProperty xsi:type='esri:PropertySetProperty'><Key>{B6B7936E-414D-4BC4-8369-E219C44CD960}</Key><Value xsi:type='xs:string'>GDB_DPU.GDB_DPU.sBend SERVER=VBDB9999;INSTANCE=sde:sqlserver:VBDB9999;DBCLIENT=sqlserver;DB_CONNECTION_PROPERTIES=VBDB9999;DATABASE=GDB_DPU;VERSION=GDB_DPU.Base;AUTHENTICATION_MODE=OSA, Type: 2</Value></PropertySetProperty><PropertySetProperty xsi:type='esri:PropertySetProperty'><Key>{BB776E14-0EE5-44FC-A9BF-69B796AC17A3}</Key><Value xsi:type='xs:string'>GDB_DPU.GDB_DPU.sFitting SERVER=VBDB9999;INSTANCE=sde:sqlserver:VBDB9999;DBCLIENT=sqlserver;DB_CONNECTION_PROPERTIES=VBDB9999;DATABASE=GDB_DPU;VERSION=GDB_DPU.Base;AUTHENTICATION_MODE=OSA, Type: 2</Value></PropertySetProperty><PropertySetProperty xsi:type='esri:PropertySetProperty'><Key>{BD4EF450-0434-4894-8E90-FD13F7144D4D}</Key><Value xsi:type='xs:string'>GDB_DPU.GDB_DPU.sCasing SERVER=vbdb9999;INSTANCE=sde:sqlserver:vbdb9999;DBCLIENT=sqlserver;DB_CONNECTION_PROPERTIES=vbdb9999;DATABASE=GDB_DPU;VERSION=GDB_DPU.Base;AUTHENTICATION_MODE=OSA, Type: 2</Value></PropertySetProperty><PropertySetProperty xsi:type='esri:PropertySetProperty'><Key>{BD81A164-F813-416D-A3FC-8814742AB446}</Key><Value xsi:type='xs:string'>GDB_DPU.GDB_DPU.sBend SERVER=VBDB9999;INSTANCE=sde:sqlserver:VBDB9999;DBCLIENT=sqlserver;DB_CONNECTION_PROPERTIES=VBDB9999;DATABASE=GDB_DPU;VERSION=GDB_DPU.Base;AUTHENTICATION_MODE=OSA, Type: 2

Reply
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor III

Hi Susan,

I tried locally with SQL server database and Execute SQL checks but I am not able to reproduce this behavior. Can you please provide me some more info to reproduce the same.

  • Type of checks which are not working
  • Check configuration

It will be helpful if you can share a small subset of data with batch jobs to reproduce this issue.

Thanks,

Kumar

Reply
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor

Kumar,

   I've attached a Word document giving more detail with screen shots in addition to 2 rbj files.  The one called SewerData_New - Backup.rbj is the batch file as it was saved after adding some Data Reviewer checks in ArcMap.  The other rbj file is exactly the same other than the fact that I edited it in Notepad++ and changed all instances of upper case "VBDB0067" to lower case "vbdb0067".  The one with the lower case works.  The other generates errors that are shown in the Word document.  Since the dataset is a networked sewer dataset, I don't know that I can clip out one small sample to send you, but in the past we have had the DBA upload the complete database. We uploaded the full data back in October 2019 for Case #02404184 that Margaret Maher worked on.  I don't know if that would still be available to you.  After reviewing the attached info, please let me know if you need the full dataset.  Thanks.

I should also note that our SQL Database is 10.2.2.  In January, 2020, we upgraded our desktop ArcGIS from 10.2.2 to 10.6.1.  At the same time, we upgraded our workstations from Windows 7 to Windows 10.  Please let me know if you need any additional version info.  Thanks.

- Susan O'Neill

Reply
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor III

Hi Susan,

I tested with sample utility data on SQL Server database by creating a new batch job with some checks like Valency, Domain, Execute SQL etc. but I am not able to reproduce this issue. When I switch to different version I always get my database name stored in lower case in Batch Validation workspace dialog.

This issue may be specific to your workflow, I would suggest you to please contact Esri Technical Support. They can work with you to get a reproducible scenario and help you resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Kumar

Reply
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor

Kumar,

   Thank you for your time.  I'll contact support.

Reply
0 Kudos