crime analysis auto import data

08-11-2020 12:23 PM
Jon_Adams
New Contributor

Hello All!

I am currently working through an issue I have with the crime analysis tool. In essence I would just like to know if the auto import records tool can just be used to add data automatically through task manager from a cvs or xlxs file. In the training it guides you through filling in missing values from each table and creating a configure file. In doing the tutorial via Esri Training, it seems that just adding reoccurring data is not the goal, rather filling in missing data from certain layers. I think what I want is much simpler than what the tutorial explains and I may be getting lost in some of the details. All I would like to do is have an automated task scheduler update a file once a week so that I do not have to manually enter the data myself onto the csv or xlxs file. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jon

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JayCary
Esri Contributor

Hi Jon,

I would suggest posting this question in the Public Safety page, where you will hopefully find an answer.

Thanks,

Jay

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having a similar issue. In the Crime Analysis tool bar, I am using the setup Import and Import records. I was able to setup import, but the import records is not working. Or I maybe doing something wrong.  As far as importing goes, I am not sure where I would put the file I want to import.  So my question is where do I put the file to be imported in the process.  I did add it to the .ini file and that didn't work. Thank you.

Also, I went to the Public Safety page and couldn't link to it, it stated Archived.

0 Kudos
ChrisDelaney
Esri Contributor

Hi Jon,

We have recently created a new tool in ArcGIS Pro to do this work, called Update Features with Incident Records, that is replacing our older tool. We are currently in the process of updating our training courses, but in the meantime, you can use the blog below (and associated video) to learn how to use this tool to automate import of your crime data into a feature class or web layer.

https://www.esri.com/en-us/industries/blog/articles/crime-analysis-with-arcgis-pro-video-blog-series...

Please feel free to reach out if you have further questions!

@Anonymous User 

0 Kudos