ArcGIS Pro - Does ArcGIS Pro support Data Reviewer Custom Checks?

04-07-2020 06:15 PM
NguyetPhan2
New Contributor II

Hello,

Does ArcGIS Pro support Data Reviewer Custom Checks? Is there any example code on how to implement a custom check in ArcGIS Pro? Since the batch job need to be created in ArcGIS 10x, I tried to run a custom check batch file, which was created in ArcGIS 10.5.1, but the process failed in ArcGIS Pro.

3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

What specifically are you using in the two toolsets?

An overview of the Data Reviewer toolbox—Data Reviewer toolbox | Documentation 

0 Kudos
NguyetPhan2
New Contributor II

Dan,

Thanks for your response. In ArcGIS 10.5.1 Data Reviewer supports Custom Check under Advanced Checks. We can write code for custom checks, then create a batch job for these custom checks. I could not find any documents in ArcGIS Pro mentioning about Custom Check. I am wondering whether Custom Checks are supported in ArcGIS Pro. Here is the code we used to implement custom check:

Public Class CustomIDValidation
Inherits AbsPLTSValidationExtension
Implements IPLTSCNTObjectClassValExtension

Regards,

0 Kudos
JayCary
Esri Contributor

As you've discovered, the Data Reviewer Custom check is not a supported check type in ArcGIS Pro.

In a future release, Data Reviewer is planning to expose a customization framework that supports quality control workflows. You can learn more about the Data Reviewer product roadmap here. The team has not yet determined the implementing technologies that will leverage this framework and we'd appreciate feedback on how you have used the check. Feel free to contact me at jcary@esri.com if you would like to provide your feedback.

In the meantime, there are core capabilities in ArcGIS Pro for implementing customized quality assurance (Constraint Attribute rules) and quality control (Validation attribute rules) using Arcade-based Attribute Rules. You may want to evaluate this option to see if it supports your requirements.

Thanks!

0 Kudos