Anyone has faced The underlyingMap server and SOE are configured with different workspace. Re run DRS Configuration Utility.

08-20-2015 03:55 PM
kamleshpatel1
New Contributor

Reviewer map service does not start even after re running the DRS Configuration Utility in  ArcGIS server 10.1

0 Kudos
2 Replies
KumarBhardwaj
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Kamlesh,

This message is a generic message which can occur due to various reasons, but if you check the ArcGIS Server logs you may find some more information which can help find the actual cause of the issue.

Also you may consider the following:

1. Make sure that you have proper permission setup for the ArcGIS Server user on the folder where Reviewer workspace or it's .sde connection file exist.

2. Make sure database client is set-up properly on the machine if you are using an enterprise geodatabase. You can try registering your database on server to confirm no connection issues.

3. Make sure you are accessing a valid Reviewer workspace.

4. Try restarting ArcGIS Server service.

Thanks,

Kumar

0 Kudos
kamleshpatel1
New Contributor

we have data reviewer workspace and actual data to be reviewed are in separate  database. I have verified sde connection file for Data reviewer workspace and that has proper permission. Data work space is also Sde databse and it is also register on server.

In this case is there any requirement that data reviewer user account requires permission on database which has data to be reviewed. Documentation  does not mentioned anything like this. And as per my understanding data reviewer workspace is used in reviewer map service and shows data from DR workspace. Map service is working without adding SOE. But it failed when we add SOE to map service.

This is the server we are using from last three years and number of services are running including  map service with extension. So I do not think there is any issue with client . I have registered Data reviewer database and data database without any issue.

It is valid Data reviewer Workspace.

I have verified that ARCGIS account has permission to .sde file also I was able to register sde database without any error. connection account has enough permission at present and accessing valid  Datareviewer workspace
This is the error log.

Exception encountered while resolving service module and mediators. The underlying MapServer and SOE are configured with different Reviewer workspaces. Please re-run DRS Configuration Utility. at ESRI.Production.ReviewerServer.BatchValidation.Engine.BatchValidationServiceModule.Configure(Dictionary`2 userConfiguration, String serverObjectName, String serverObjectTypeName, String serverObjectFolderName, IWorkspace reviewerWorkspace) at ESRI.Production.ReviewerServer.Container.ApplicationModules.LoadRestMediatorAndServiceModule(IPropertySet props, String configurationName, String serverObjectTypeName, IWorkspace reviewerWorkspace) in c:\PLTS\Solutions\ReviewerServer\Source\ReviewerSOE\SOE\Install\Container\ApplicationModules.cs:line 135

Please let me anything if you feel that is has to be verified or try something.

Actually I  was under impression that I have replied you but that was for other incident. I am really sorry for this.

Thanks,

Kamlesh

0 Kudos