Reading a table created in Survey123 stopped working

Jump to solution
12-21-2022 05:33 PM
JohnBickmore
New Contributor III

I am using Pro 3.03

I had a scheduled data interoperability tool that created a feature class from a table created from a Survey123. The survey 123 table was not a point layer - just a table. It did have an x and y field which allowed me to create the table. I needed to create a spatial layer for use in a dashboard and to allow exporting data. This was working fine until about 6 weeks ago. I am no longer able to read from a table. If I try to connect to the feature layer which contains 2 point layers and the table - I can only see the point layers. I tried making a view layer of the table only - but get the following message "Failed to retrieve feature types"

This was working for a few months. We have upgraded Enterprise versions, however I am fairly sure the script stopped working prior to the upgrade.

JohnBickmore_0-1671672435094.png

Below is the tool that was working (Reader no longer reading the table)

JohnBickmore_1-1671672671737.png

Any advice apreciated

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RenatoSalvaleon3
Esri Contributor

This bug was reported as a regression in Pro 3.0.  Safe provided the fix and it will be available for Pro 3.1. Support should have additional details on this bug.

Here’s a link  from Safe on this bug and the reference to the fix for the FME Engine 

https://community.safe.com/s/question/0D54Q00009Zd3FdSAJ/fme-desktop-update-2022-no-longer-see-table... 

View solution in original post

7 Replies
BruceHarold
Esri Regular Contributor

John, re-authenticate your portal web service connection, in Workbench go to the Tools>FME Options>Web Connections dialog and right click in your portal connection, you'll get a context menu.  It can happen the refresh token doesn't work if unattended for a period of time.  If your tool still fails then open a support call.  I just created a standalone table in an Enterprise 11.0 portal and the reader worked.

0 Kudos
kmsmikrud
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is related, but I noticed today after upgrading both ArcGIS Pro to 3.0.3 and also data interop that I also cannot read from an AGOL table using the Reader or Feature Reader. The readers work fine for the polgyon and point layers, but not the tables. I can still connect in and read features in Pro 2.9 and data interop.

This seems like a bug to me. I'm authenticated to AGOL if I can read the in the other shape feature but I have 2 related tables that are now are getting the error 'ArcGIS Online Feature Service Reader" Could not find a layer/table matching feature type 'table'

The same readers find data from SQL Server tables no problem.

Maybe this is what you are also experiencing John.

Thanks,

Kathy

BruceHarold
Esri Regular Contributor

Please open a support call, it will help if you can share access to your services too - thnks.

0 Kudos
kmsmikrud
Occasional Contributor III

ok will do. Thanks

0 Kudos
RenatoSalvaleon3
Esri Contributor

This bug was reported as a regression in Pro 3.0.  Safe provided the fix and it will be available for Pro 3.1. Support should have additional details on this bug.

Here’s a link  from Safe on this bug and the reference to the fix for the FME Engine 

https://community.safe.com/s/question/0D54Q00009Zd3FdSAJ/fme-desktop-update-2022-no-longer-see-table... 

JohnBickmore
New Contributor III

Thank you Renato

Any idea when 3.1 will be released??

0 Kudos
JohnBickmore
New Contributor III
Thank you
Is there any news when 3.1 will be released?
0 Kudos