Publishing ETL Tool Model with Data Interoperability

05-03-2021 01:13 PM
MuratDemircan
New Contributor III

I'm new to Data Interoperability. I hope you can help me for solving my problem.

I'm trying to add ETL tool to web application by using ArcGIS Data Interoperability for Server. I created a tool which reads the WMS of feature class in sde and export the features of object to CAD file by combining in zip. Like ESRI suggested, I added ETL tool to model in toolbox. Everything is okay so far.

But after publishing ETL model, when I test ETL CAD model, I get an error which shows that the tool is not valid. I tried many different cases and changed different parameters in ETL Wizard. After many tries, I get the same result.

To specify the problem, I exported the model to Python script. I changed the necessary corrections on Python script. But unfortunately, I get the same result. When the function of spatial tool has been started, I get an error.

I searched different solutions for ERROR 000816. But I couldn't get the result from those posts for my situation. And finally, when I run ETL tool in python script, I get the error for parameters with some XML syntax which I don't know where they come from.

MuratDemircan_0-1620071947056.png

Btw, I checked that if when different model was published to Arcgis Server, it is successful.

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
BruceHarold
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi, the single most common 'invalid tool' cause is not having installed and licensed Data Interoperability on the server, please check this.  If this checks out and you still have issues please open a support call and reference this thread so we can work with the analyst.

MuratDemircan
New Contributor III

Hello Bruce,

Thank you for your comment. But I'm adding python script codes, and it checks that if there is any Data Interoperability license. https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000012387 I applied the process and checked the license like in this link. I didn't get any errors when checking the Data Interoperability license by Python code. The error comes when executing ETL toolbox function in the python geoprocessing service. Do you think this is caused by license?

0 Kudos
BruceHarold
Esri Regular Contributor

Murat have you checked Data Interop is installed on the server?  This is separate to being licensed.

MuratDemircan
New Contributor III

Hello Bruce,

Yes, I have installed it. But I can't see whether Data Interoperabilityis authorized or not.

Btw, I have installed ArcGIS Server to "D" named driver of the computer. And I also have installed Data Interop to the same D driver. My problem can be caused by this? How can I see that Data Interoperability for ArcGIS Server is installed successfully?

0 Kudos
BruceHarold
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Murat

If Data Interop is installed and licensed on the server you should be able to start Workbench from this path (D drive in your case).  Log onto the server as the arcgis service owner account.

"D:\Program Files\ESRI\Data Interoperability\Data Interoperability AO11\fmeworkbench.exe"

MuratDemircan
New Contributor III

Hi Bruce,

Thank you for you quick reply.

My installation path seems : "D:\Data Interoperability"

MuratDemircan_0-1623329605921.png

When I try to open fmeworkbench.exe file, FME License is been seen.

MuratDemircan_3-1623329826736.png

0 Kudos
BruceHarold
Esri Regular Contributor

I haven't seen that install path before, can you open a support call please so we can help you get set up correctly.

MuratDemircan
New Contributor III

Dear Bruce,

Thank you for your suggestions. One of our customers didn't want us to install Esri and FME installations to their C driver. That's why we had to install them to D driver. So, what I understand from you saying, we should change the installation paths (re-install the products) to run our products without any problem. Am I right?

I think after we discuss this with our customer, I will open a support call.

0 Kudos
BruceHarold
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi, I don't know if it is a problem the software is installed in a non-standard path, the support people will be able to advise.  Regardless you are unable to start Workbench from the executable so there is something wrong with licensing, fmeworkbench.exe should start.