Data Interoperability extension and Google API data

04-15-2023 05:05 PM
NatalieDobbs1
New Contributor II

Hello,

I’m using a model to retrieve travel time from Google Distance Matrix API using the Data Interoperability extension in ArcGIS Pro 3.1.1. I'm attempting to use the optional parameter departure time from the Google Distance Matrix API in the tool. I could run a Python command with the departure time parameter and receive the duration in traffic response; please see below. 

DepartureTime.JPG
I adjusted the ETL tool in Data Interoperability and ran the tool with the departure time as an input user parameter. However, I’m not receiving the duration in traffic as an attribute in the tool output feature class. Additionally, I’m attempting to have departure time as a parameter to be entered when the tool is run in ArcGIS Pro. I was looking at the variable data type option for the model builder, and a possible option could be the 'long' option. The date and time for departure time will be converted to an integer according to the Google Distance Matrix API recommendation. Any assistance with the above is appreciated.

1 Reply
BruceHarold
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi, I had a quick look at the API, the departure time needs to be epoch seconds, which is %s datetime format.

Please open a support call so we help you better.