Clipper Transformer not returning "inside" features

Jump to solution
10-13-2022 03:31 PM
COSPNWGuy
Occasional Contributor II

I am really scratching my head. I am clipping my features by different areas of interest using the clipper transformer. No matter what polygon AOI I use, no features are actually considered "inside" the polygon. Everything always comes back as "outside" which I know for certain is not the case. I tested this using my entire city limits extents which encompasses everything. The tool returned everything as outside......

What am I doing wrong or is this a bug? Is there some setting which "inverses" the results? Screenshot below.

COSPNWGuy_0-1665700165077.png

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rsalvaleon_esri
New Contributor II

Typically when I see this type of issue the filter or clipper in your case may have a different coordinate reference system than the clippee. While the two data sets are visually aligned on a Pro map or web map, they are not aligned when DI reads the data. Usually, I use the clipper using data sets with the same projection either from the source of during transformation using transformers that reproject the features.

What is your version of DI?

View solution in original post

4 Replies
rsalvaleon_esri
New Contributor II

Typically when I see this type of issue the filter or clipper in your case may have a different coordinate reference system than the clippee. While the two data sets are visually aligned on a Pro map or web map, they are not aligned when DI reads the data. Usually, I use the clipper using data sets with the same projection either from the source of during transformation using transformers that reproject the features.

What is your version of DI?

COSPNWGuy

Ohh.....that could be it. My clipper is in state plane and my features are in WGS84. I didn't even think of that. Pro clips fine with things that are different. My version is: 

COSPNWGuy_1-1665704003490.png

BruceHarold
Esri Regular Contributor

It is also possible to "tell" the Clipper that it doesn't have any clipping features if you say the clippers arrive first so leave the default to No.

BruceHarold_0-1665754256585.png

COSPNWGuy

I threw in a project transformer and reprojected before using the clipper and it worked like a charm!! Thanks for pointing this out!

0 Kudos