Unable to get AGOL's Operations Dashboard to display on a phone or tablet.

Jump to solution
12-27-2017 06:22 AM
MichaelTorbett
Occasional Contributor II

I created a dashboard through ArcGIS Online and shared it publicly. However, when I copy the share link and send to someone else (or myself), it shows up fine in windows but nothing displays on a phone or tablet. See below for the error message. I've tried this with both Android and IOS. I could not find any documentation stating that Operations Dashboard does not work with mobile devices. Does anyone know what's going on?

"Error, this functionality is not supported on mobile devices."

Thanks,

Michael

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CarmelConnolly
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Michael, 

'Support for browsers running on smartphone devices is not offered currently.' - What are the requirements?—Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

It does say tablets are supported, what tablet have you tested with?

Carmel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
CarmelConnolly
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Michael, 

'Support for browsers running on smartphone devices is not offered currently.' - What are the requirements?—Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

It does say tablets are supported, what tablet have you tested with?

Carmel

0 Kudos
MichaelTorbett

Thanks for the reply Carmel.  I am using a Samsung Galaxy S3 Tablet with Nougat 7.0 for the OS. It's giving the same error message.

0 Kudos
CarmelConnolly
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Michael, 

If you're getting an error message with a tablet, it's worth logging it directly with your local Esri support team as a bug: https://support.esri.com/en/contact-tech-support 

I assume the error persists in portrait and layout mode?

Carmel

0 Kudos
MichaelTorbett

Hey Carmel,

Yes, the error persists in both portrait and layout mode. I will report the bug to the local ESRI support team. Thanks again for your help.

Michael

DarrylKlassen1

Hi Carmel,

Are there any plans to make operations dashboard available on mobile phones?  or is it due to the large # of widgets and screen size that it is not.  I cannot imagine a dashboard that has 3-4+ widgets would appear nicely on a phone.

Thanks

Darryl

0 Kudos
CarmelConnolly
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Darryl, 

I'm not sure, Derek Law‌ orJeff Shaner‌ might be able to provide some more information

Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS‌,

Carmel

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Carmel and Darryl,

Apologies for the late reply. I was working at a conference this week.

> Are there any plans to make operations dashboard available on mobile phones?

This requirement is in our development backlog, but it is low priority. If you could share some requirements with us, please send me an email: dlaw@esri.com.

Hope this helps,

DarrylKlassen1

We have the operations dashboard connected to mobile apps for data collection, so when someone collects data in the field using their phone, it would be nice for them to see those changes on the operations dashboard on their phone. Often times our supervisors are in the field and might want to check progress using their mobile device as well.

Not super critical, but just wondering why it wasn't available.

Thanks

Darryl

DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for your feedback and comment Darryl. We appreciate it.

0 Kudos