Select to view content in your preferred language

Transferring data from Arcgis online account to another

Jump to solution
06-10-2024 03:31 AM
christg
New Contributor II

Hello,

I'm working on similar projects in two different companies, A and B.
Is it possible to transfer data (dashboards, maps, shapefile, etc.) from company A's Arcgis online account to company B's Arcgis online account?

If so, how do I go about it?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RichardHowe
Occasional Contributor III

Presuming that you can't set up a collaboratipn between the two portals then I would make ArcGIS assistant your first port of call:

https://assistant.esri-ps.com/

Sign in and authorise the AGOL account containing the data/items, highlight what you wish to copy and select "Copy items" at the top. You can then sign in to the target account and transfer away

A word of warning that you may need to rebuild items such as maps and dashboards, because the references to their contents will still point at the original itemIDs.

If you want to get your hands dirty then take a look at the clone_items function in the python api, this was the benefit of scanning your target portal for items that belong within maps and dashboards and repointing for you. It's not perfect but it is slightly smarter.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
RichardHowe
Occasional Contributor III

Presuming that you can't set up a collaboratipn between the two portals then I would make ArcGIS assistant your first port of call:

https://assistant.esri-ps.com/

Sign in and authorise the AGOL account containing the data/items, highlight what you wish to copy and select "Copy items" at the top. You can then sign in to the target account and transfer away

A word of warning that you may need to rebuild items such as maps and dashboards, because the references to their contents will still point at the original itemIDs.

If you want to get your hands dirty then take a look at the clone_items function in the python api, this was the benefit of scanning your target portal for items that belong within maps and dashboards and repointing for you. It's not perfect but it is slightly smarter.

christg
New Contributor II

Thank you @RichardHowe