Stand Alone table not available as Source in new Dashboards (10.9.1 Enterprise)

Jump to solution
01-05-2022 09:17 AM
Labels (1)
MelanieHammond
New Contributor II

We recently upgraded our Development Environment from 10.8.1 to 10.9.1. Prior to this new release you could utilize tables from a map service as the source for a Dashboard Element. Now when you select a map service from Portal as the source, only feature layers are available. Is this expected? We have multiple Dashboards that do not have a Map Element and we rely heavily on being able to utilize the stand alone tables as sources. I did test and noticed that if the tables were present in a map and a map element was used then the tables were available as a source for other elements.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GregTink
New Contributor II

Our organization completed the upgrade to 10.9.1 and experienced the same issue noted above.  Although the work around mentioned above did work, as mentioned by Melanie was inefficient and we had to rebuild all of our Dashboards.  ESRI should find a stronger long term solution for connecting tables to Enterprise.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
KarstenRank
Occasional Contributor III

If you publish the stand alone table as service (e.g. as csv or with ArcGIS Pro) you can use it in the dashboards. But I guess, the table does not refresh in an Arcade script. 

MelanieHammond
New Contributor II

We are actually using an Enterprise Database. So the data is live and not a hosted feature layer.

Kanin
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hello Melanie,

Could you try adding the table as a Map Service Layer in your portal's contents and add the layer to the dashboard?

Map Service:

Map Service Layer:

Best regards,
Kanin 

If this answer solved your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution" to help others who have the same question.

Kanin_0-1641433052143.png

0 Kudos
MelanieHammond
New Contributor II

Well that works but is not efficient. That means creating one for every single table I need to use in a Dashboard. Plus I will have to redo every one of my Dashboards to utilize these new sources. Is there a reason why tables are no longer available from a standard Map Service? I also don't quite understand the purpose of having Dashboards Classic in which I can open my Dashboard and it works as it used to but if I reference that Dashboard via a Site it will open in the new Dashboards thus showing missing data. Very frustrating.

GregTink
New Contributor II

Our organization completed the upgrade to 10.9.1 and experienced the same issue noted above.  Although the work around mentioned above did work, as mentioned by Melanie was inefficient and we had to rebuild all of our Dashboards.  ESRI should find a stronger long term solution for connecting tables to Enterprise.

EmilioTomeBlasco
New Contributor II

Is there any solution, news, or known bug regarding this case? Thanks

KrisKarki
New Contributor II

If we don't have portal and we only use ArcGIS online. I have map service publish in ARcGIS server. I would like to use this map service as a data source in my dashboard. I can not add the map service in my dashboard for indicator widget. When I tried to add data source, tehre are only published maps in ArcGIS online. No way to add service. Is this something we can not add?

0 Kudos