Slow loading layer in Operations Dashboard

07-15-2019 09:28 AM
Babcock_Kristen_L
New Contributor III

I added a new layer to my Operations Dashboard, and now its loading REALLY slowly- and I've had some complaints from viewers.  The new layer has over 27,000 records.  So I'm wondering how much is too much as far as loading data onto web apps? Or maybe the slowness has something to do with the queries I have?  Any suggestions? 

14 Replies

Hi,

I had the same problem, sometimes my dataset has over 200000 records.

I Notice there is no performance problem when my feature layer and basemap has the same projection.

I have created TPK with custom scales to fit my project needs and there are no performance issues anymore. 

I think when it comes to a large number of records the projection on the flay causes the performance issues.

There a downside though, once you make your own basemap, you cant switch it to the regular arcgis online maps.

you can, however, convert your data to the Web Mercator (3857) and your problem is solved.

hope that helps you.

Iris Hadar 

Chris_Anderson
Occasional Contributor II

Quick question, are you loading into a list? I am running into an issue where I have a dashboard that is displaying a list and details. The feature service it is pulling from has records added to daily (by hundreds to thousands during the hunting season), so the dashboard is getting slower and slower. I believe this is because Dashboard is having to load all the records into the list. All my other parts of the dashboard load quickly. This is going to be a major problem as the season continues. ESRI, please correct me if I am wrong, I think there is an enhancement in the works where the list will not load when the Dashboard is first opened. I do not know when this will be fixed. Like many other enhancements, I could really use it right now.

Chris Anderson

Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission

0 Kudos
Babcock_Kristen_L
New Contributor III

Hi Chris-  I ended up using a web map application instead of the dashboard, and it works much better.  I also needed to let folks download data and also print maps- so the web map works out better for me for those specific reasons too.

0 Kudos
WillHughes
New Contributor III

Seeing performance issues when querying dates in OD with a large point map service. Data is in an Enterprise GDB, and is ~ 5 mil records. Even when setting scale dependency, the dashboard is slow to update 3 indicators and 1 chart. Attribute index is on date column. When looking at the same data in the web map it is fast. The OD can take up to 30 seconds to update. Any performance tips are appreciated? 

0 Kudos
IanMackenzie
New Contributor II

I have had load time and timing out issues that I determined were to do with how I set up  my charts, a bar graph in particular.  I had the maximum categories for the bar graph set to 200.  I changed it to 20 and the  problem was resolved. There is now the option to set an action from one widget on another so that the latter only renders when a selection is made on the former (e.g., I could set an action on a date selector so that the graph only renders once a user has selected a date range); so that functionality might help control performance issues due to rendering of graphs on large datasets.

0 Kudos