Showing multiple choices in dashboard

03-27-2021 09:47 AM
LMBaptista
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I created a survey with some questions with multiple choice. I know the answers are stored with comma separating the values so, in my dashboard I used the condition "Include" for every options so I can have a way to see all answers including each choice.

However, comparing the results in my dashboard with the results in the Analyze option in Survey123 (where each option is counted in every answer) the values are completly different and in my dashboard almost half of the answers are not included.

How can I create a serial chart in dashboard that show the numbers of times it was selected as an answer, just like it shows in the survey analyse?

Thanks

6 Replies
Jelle_Stu_PR
Occasional Contributor II

Can you provide some screenshots to show what you expect (survey data) and what you het (dashboard)?

0 Kudos
LMBaptista
Occasional Contributor

yes. I have a result of 335 in the survey and 145 in the dashboard using the filter where "Question" include "artista_independente". It looks like it is counting only the answers where "is equal to" and not "includes".

Jelle_Stu_PR
Occasional Contributor II

Are you using ArcGIS Dashboards Beta?

I think I came across the same issue. As a workaround I added an hidden extra field in the survey that automatically calculates unique combination of answers so that in the Dashboards serial chart I was able to use the ‘equal to’ criteria based on that field. It’s not ideal, but a working workaround.

if you use Dashboards beta, post this question in the Dashboards beta community. They will let you know there if this a known issue or if they can reproduce it.

When I reported another issue in serial chart, I was told that the serial charts will be be improveds in the next release, being April 13th. Maybe this issue will be fixed as well.

0 Kudos
LMBaptista
Occasional Contributor
Thank you for your suggestion 😉
Best regards
0 Kudos
PrestigePreparatory
New Contributor II

Can this be accomplished within Dashboards using an arcade data expression to pull the data? 

0 Kudos
LMBaptista
Occasional Contributor

Maybe. I don't have a clue how to do it with Arcade. I'm starting with it.

But thank you for the idea.

0 Kudos